Produce > Recipes

Parsnips!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Hyacinth:
Well, I don't know! I'm being inundated with parsnips, but no exotic recipes?? Where's Suzie-O, the Runner Bean Queen, when you need her...

Sorry about your measley crops, Tim and Eric, but I'm back from a morning out - to find 6 more parsnips and some leeks on my doorstep..my neighbours and I have such a good arrangement with our veg...late summer they went off to a cottage in the Highlands laden with stuff from my garden which they don't grow, including Swiss Chard and Spinach that he isn't allowed to grow - cos she doesn't like it.. ???

Anyway...got a crock-pot (remember those?) simmering away with a beef & red wine casserole & I'm gonna be creative with pureed parsnips mixed in with suet & stuff and invent

parsnip dumplings  ;D ;D ;D

Palefire:
Oh yeah - yummy yum - let me know how they went, Lish. I love Parsnips and, even though I didn't do too well on the lottie front with them - they are cheap as chips in our local market, so I'll buy some!!

Love, Palefire

xxx

cleo:
My rude root veg are good this year but are lacking something-will wait until frost/Christmas.

Stephan

Doris_Pinks:
Lishka, how about Parsnip and apple soup?  Dotty P.

merv:
Hey Palustris.

Parsnup germination. Clear and rake the row/s where you are going to grwo the parsnups.

At home make strips of wet/damp kitchen towel, put a seed every 4-6" and in the warm they will germinate quickly. As soon as germinated (tiny shoot) take to lottie and lay on your row and gently and finely cover with used grow bag compost or similar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version