Author Topic: Cruelty to tomato plants  (Read 717 times)

sand

• Half Acre
  • North North Staffordshire
Cruelty to tomato plants
« on: May 09, 2007, 22:52:29 »
I'm guilty of cruelty to tomato plants :-[

I went to work this afternoon and left three trays of tomato babies out on the patio table to take in the sun and light showers.

Came home this evening to find three trays of very unhappy babies, waterlogged and very droopy in the cold wind.

I've talked nicely to them and apologised, mopped up all their tears and tucked them up again in the conservatory for the night.

Hope they pick up again.  It's so stressful being a parent :(

Sand

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Cruelty to tomato plants
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 22:56:45 »
Does North, North Staffs equal Moorlands? If so they may sulk bigtime  otherwise they will probably forgive you. If they don't I can recommend a plant sale 3rd June in Derby...
 ;D

sand

• Half Acre
  • North North Staffordshire
Re: Cruelty to tomato plants
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 23:18:21 »
Not the Moorlands, no, although I have lived there.  Mow Cop area now, quite high up, with the wind whistling across the Cheshire plains from Snowdon and hitting our veg garden next.  Just as bleak at times, believe me.  The rasberries have suffered badly over the last couple of days, lots of lush growth now hanging down quite forlorn.

We don't use our garden parasol much.  We really needed the rain but they do say you should be careful what you wish for...

I'm off to check the babies again.

Sand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal