Author Topic: Next project?  (Read 2467 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Next project?
« on: July 07, 2007, 19:27:22 »
OK...I made all these sticks, enough to over-fill my stick-rack. Any other ideas for keeping me busy in this wet weather?
... ???

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Next project?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 19:41:31 »
no!  this isn't an answer I'm afraid to your question but one from me (yes another ::) )

Those very tall sticks (where tops aren't seen) who uses those and how?....have they got hooks or something similar at the top for pulling branches down when out picking damsons & suchlike?

or some other purpose....no-one's that tall - are they? :)   

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 19:43:06 »
oh and should have said.....how beautiful they all are!  a wonderful collection.  :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 22:53:54 »
Those are 'Thumb sticks'. Reach about chest height, good walking pals.
 Thinking of going to a local car-boot to sell a few. Doing OK on here and E-bay.
Might consider a bendy top ( we have the tekno-oligie) ...good idea, Hot-Pot.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 22:55:46 by kenkew »

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 09:42:25 »
Here's a challenge for you, Ken  - might keep you out of mischief for a while ;)

I love your walking companions - do you think you could make one especially for me, please?

I have frequent (and painful!) attacks of gout - (I have one going on at the moment - bloody nuisance, especially as it's coincided with the long-awaited dry spell when I was really hoping to get a bit of gardening done.) :'(

I manage to get around the house with the aid of two old hospital crutches, one kept upstairs and one down - and bucketsful of painkillers.

Trouble is I'm only 4' 10" tall so off-the-peg walking sticks come up to my armpit - and I can't grip properly with my funny thumbs so some 'handles' wouldn't be suitable!!!! Guess I really need a Zimmer and a stairlift ;)

Should have asked how much one of your masterpieces costs before asking for a custom-made one - (could you pm me please?) - but assuming I can afford it, do you think you could get your head round my 'special needs'???  :-*

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:29:32 »
Those are 'Thumb sticks'. Reach about chest height, good walking pals.

not if you're only 5ft. & 1/2" tall like me - go way past top of my head ;)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 13:44:57 »
Grandma. Shafts need to stand about a year after cutting so it depends on the raw stock I have to work with. May be able to 'make one to fit' from what I have.
Will PM you first chance I get today....don't panic about cost, people call me cheap and I'm sure they mean my stick prices... ;)

Hot-Pot.....Can do you a special thumb stick. It's a spare that one of 'Snow Whites' helper's didn't want............ :o

(Now I'm in trouble)

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:42:53 »

Hot-Pot.....Can do you a special thumb stick. It's a spare that one of 'Snow Whites' helper's didn't want............ :o

think I'd like that as long as the 'thumb bit' is big enough to 'keep someone under' ;)

(Now I'm in trouble)

you could be right!! ;D

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 09:44:07 »
ooops!......slightly bu**ered up the quote bit but think you get the message :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal