Author Topic: Hernia update  (Read 1749 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Hernia update
« on: May 07, 2007, 23:33:17 »
Good evening.  Just passing through after spending a fab weekend down in North Devon visiting the family and scoffing Hockings icecream.  :P

Went to see the consultant at Broomfield Hospital last Thursday about my Hernia.  It is definately there, and large, and incredibly tender.  Because I am a mum, and a working gardener, and because of the pain, I am an urgent case - as urgent as a waiting list can be, however the consultant hopes I will have the operation within 6 weeks.  It will be proper open me up surgery due to the size and location of the hernia, so if there are any complications, they can be dealt with.  Only in for a day, but a couple of weeks off work, no heavy housework (yay), or driving for a week or so.

So now daughter number one and I are waiting on dates for our operations.  I will keep you posted.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Re: Hernia update
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 23:59:46 »
EJ, thinking of you.  Must be so uncomfortable and restrictive.  Hope they can sort you out asap.  Keep us or get Ava to keep us informed.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 00:29:27 »
yikes - good luck, hopefully will be much better once you are through the recovery.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 06:14:42 »
Youch - as someone once said!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 15:02:22 »
just think, ej, in a couple of months, it'll be sorted, hope everything goes according to plan  :)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 15:52:48 »
sorry to hear about this EJ... how will you cope with taking it easy??!! :)

Hope you make a speedy recovery!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 16:41:31 »
Sorry to hear you are in such pain Emma. I do hope they get you sorted quickly. You see what you get for being a SUPERMUM, take it easy for a while  ;) :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 17:00:19 »
Must be horrid for you EJ & glad you are getting it sorted soon.  Just think you will be able to sit back & look at all the lovely things you planted growing happily & just reach out & grab the odd raspberry to pop in your mouth whilst directing the rest of the family with the cooking/cleaning/shopping/driving/digging and all the rest.  Good luck ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 17:14:29 »
Good luck Emma. Won't it be lovely when you are without pain? About time you got rid of that hernia :)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 17:55:43 »
oh luv, so glad to hear you have a date, bet you are not tho! ;D ;D
Like the no housework bit, milk it!! ;D ;D ;D :-[
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 20:02:10 »
My sympathy and best wishes EJ-painful conditions should not be allowed for gardeners in the busy time :)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 21:48:07 »
Got my fingers crossed that you get a date very soon E-J   :-*. I know what it's like to be in constant pain and to carry on doing things regardless.

Tricia

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 22:14:50 »
Hey ej, sorry to hear you're not well and in pain  :'(  Hope you get your date through soon and it all goes well.  Thinking of you  :-*
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 00:22:08 »
Good luck EJ!
Have big sympathies as just today got a date for my surgery which has taken a year to diagnose (and all experts, but it is rare!). I'm in the JR Oxford on June 6th, op following day, allowed out 4-7 . But it is being done!
It's amazing, you go through such downers waiting, then when the date comes it's a big celebration....for surgery?! Bizarre but true!

V. best, hang on in there..

CLx

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 16:08:27 »
Sounds painful, but good luck and a speedy recovery, and take it easy, you too Cotswold.  :-* ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 22:45:33 »
Went for my assessment today.  Blood pressure okay (amazing for me), pulse normal, temperature fine, fit and healthy.  Should have the op within 15 weeks.  Am happy for a cancellation so could be called in with just a couple of days to spare.  Advice from the doctor today, 2 months leave from work - heavy labour absolutely out of the question.  Don't know how I will tell my boss.  At least during the summer there isn't to much digging to be done.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 22:53:31 »
Glad to hear that all is well on the "checking" list. Did wonder as haven't seen you about much lately. Be nice to get a cancellation and get the op before 15 weeks. Then you could sit and rest in the sunshine!!! Good luck Emma.
Lorna.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 23:05:02 »
Sending you a hug and a bit of advice. Doris_Pinks said it first..milk it..for all you are worth, and if you time it right you might get the early seed catalogues in before you have to go back to work. You could spend tons of time sending e mails off for them...seriously you take care, get the dratted thing fixed and pick up your spade when you are able XXXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:47 »
Hey EJ, glad to hear you're all fine and dandy apart from the dratted obvious!  Make sure you do take good care & take it easy, there'll still be plenty of work to do once you're fit again  ::) ;D

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long  :-*
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 10:12:42 »
Good luck with it, and take it easy for as long as possible.
The Tuscan Beaneater

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal