Author Topic: why are my peas & radishes so cr***ppy?  (Read 920 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
why are my peas & radishes so cr***ppy?
« on: May 08, 2007, 14:31:17 »
and not croppy? My peas are miserable looking compared to everyone else's, they are small and although I keep weeding, they just don't seem to flourish - I don't remember the varieties, one is a sugarsnap :(
Also my radishes are a complete failure - I tried the pink & white, they took ages to sprout then went hard and inedible, too hot.
ANy tips on how to sow and care for peas and radishes? I have some space so I can make a 2nd attempt of need be.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: why are my peas & radishes so cr***ppy?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 14:43:12 »
I think the radish need more water, in hot weather, they go like you have described..we plant them in potting compost, in a deep pot, keep them watered..
the peas like a lot of well rotted compost, and need watering as well..the hot, dry weather we've had has slowed everything down, our mouli radish have gone to seed !!  :o

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Re: why are my peas & radishes so cr***ppy?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 15:35:27 »
our mange tout plants have kind of turned a red colour which is a new one..... they looked great and then all of a sudden they changed colour. Not growing very fast, but then we don't water often enough, don't have time now DH is looking after the lottie on his own pretty much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal