Author Topic: Question re fresh cow poo.  (Read 820 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Question re fresh cow poo.
« on: May 06, 2007, 20:51:07 »
 We had 2 truck loads of fresh cow poo delivered in March. John has filled our 7 large containers at the back of the lottie, they are still dropping  and he keeps topping them up but we have far too much for the boxes.

Could we carefully put the rest on the ground in between rows or in my pumpkin patch as they squash are 5-6 foot apart in all directions.

We need to move it and if it would go down it will act as a too which righ tnow is needed .

I don't know too much about fresh manure as we usually get it in October and winter it, then spread it.

There ia a lot of straw in it.

XX Thank you Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
Re: Question re fresh cow poo.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:29:28 »
I can't see any probs with that as long as you leave  a good space from stems of your plants...  I have done this in past with fresh horse manure ... Cow muck ain't renowned for being hot ..

Cheers .. Jim

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:02 »
This is how I (and my father & his father used to) use it anyway. A foot or so away is enough - the roots will get as close as they want! Used completely successfully for squashes, Courgettes & Cucumbers.

It feels exceptionally odd to be answering a squash related question from you, Jeannine! I'm not sure I'm qualified  ;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:05:27 »
Cows poo all over fields, and far from killing the grass, you often find a ring of lusher stuff around the turd. Keep it away from the stems, and you'll be OK.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:09:58 »
Ollie that is funny, I know squash inside out but I no diddly about fresh poo LOL XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal