Author Topic: not a gardening question, injections in spine  (Read 5021 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: not a gardening question, injections in spine
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 18:22:02 »
 I have a 'medically-induced Sacro-illiac injury (i.e. the doctor dislocated the joint during the birth of my son 17 3/4 years ago) and AS. I have been having treatment with a chiropractor since September, when I started I was in continuous pain after the first treatment the continuous pain went. I was highly sceptical because a long time ago I had some aggressive manipulation treatment from a chiropractor which did nothing and made it worse at the time. However my new chiropractor told me at the first appointment that agressive manipulation isn't suitable for my problem. In fact she hardly seems to do anything except shoot a few muscles with a sort of stapler thing (no staples!) which relaxes the muscles and supports various bit's with blocks. She's gradually given me exercises to do. I've ceased to be sceptical because it's working.

Try and avoid morphine. My mother was taking that for hip pain and it masked the cancer she had and she was unaware of it until it was too late.

I hope whatever you have done works for you and quickly.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 19:55:29 »
I am pleased you have had your injections at last, Jeannine.  Was it very painful? I wondered why they had a nurse standing in front of me holding my hands as I lay on my front.  I soon found out why!  It was horrific for me.   :o   I didn't say anything in my earlier post because I didn't want to alarm you.  I just hope it works for you Jeannine.   :-*

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 22:36:50 »
Hi Pauline, Ifound it unpleasant but bearable, I was surprised it took 45 minutes and they put a canula in my hand, John has looked I have 9 puncture holes, they only did one side, This is the test, if I get any relief, they will put anasthetic in the other side, if that works then they will go in  and do the bigger one and and cauterise the nerve endings to the place.

If you remember this  started when I had surgery June before last, apparently I was overstrained on the table and lost my legs for a  while. I do have AS but I was already fused in that area.

I get angry when I hear about folks having to wait in pain, I have a very high pain threshold but some folks don't and I think it is so unfair.

Anyway I am optimistic they will do the big one as I have had the improvment on this tester one.

If it isn't the answer the only thing left is morphine I am told

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 22:50:40 »
Jeannine,

my mother in law uses morphine patches. They seem to be very effective. She has been on them for a few years now, but I dont know if they are a permanent option.

You are much braver than me. It cant have been very nice, but you sound so matter of fact about it!I get squeemish if I have to have a tooth filled ::)

cj :)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 23:19:35 »
The injections are not pleasant but it's soon over and is a hell of a lot better than the pain and immobility endured before they kick in.
Obxx - Vendée France

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 16:19:03 »
What a pleasant surprise, the Doc who did my injections yesterday personally phoned me today to see if they had worked, I said yes so he is going on to the next level. Wow a Dr that phones XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal