Author Topic: seeds needed  (Read 3166 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
seeds needed
« on: May 01, 2007, 23:21:32 »
I am putting this post here in the hope that anyone who has any unwanted seed will think of donating it to us. We will take anything at all flowers, fruit or veggies. We have just got a greenhouse this week  and the kids are real excited am happy to send postage  . Thank you all Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

chlodonnay

• Not So New ...
Re: seeds needed
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 23:24:12 »
Hi Jeannine,
I have quite alot of spare seeds that I could send. I have sorrel, basil, cucumbers, tomatoes (maybe too late?), cauliflowers, broccoli, PSB, etc etc. I am happy to send you a load. PM me xx

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:50:40 »
Hi Jeannine,

Just pm me with your addy and I will have a rumage, have loads of half packets of various things.
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 08:10:54 »
Count me in! also to say thanks for the gold plated carmen cuke seeds!!!!  ;) Also love to see kids getting into gardening!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:01:23 »
loads left here, too, jeannine, I've lost your address so if you pm it, I'll send a surprise package for the kids  ;D

blisters

• Quarter Acre
  • Dorset
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 09:42:42 »
No problem - pm me your address and I'll have a sort out.

jollyroger123

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 09:49:24 »
Do you need anything in particular.

If not PM me you address and i'll see what i have.

Teej

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 09:59:53 »
I can send you a few bits & bobs - not exactly sure what I've got but definately cukes, toms, courgette, french beans & other bits.

If there's anything in particular you need let me know - if not, PM me your address & I'll send a selection.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 11:37:19 »
As above - quite a lot of surplus as trying several varieties of most things.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 11:54:52 »
I will have a scout through me drawers !
your postie will love you.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 12:19:06 »
Jeannine, I also have loads of seeds, will bring them to Barnsdale for you

Kathi
Kathi :-)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 20:26:07 »
Thank you to you all I have sent pm's.

Wee bit more info.

We have 4 small enclosed areas in the school , all surrounded by buildings where vandals cannot get , It is all paved except 1 raised brick bed.

Area 1, is wild with a pond , that is to be left,
Area 2 is going to be used for a project.
Area 3 is the one with the plastic greenhouse mentioned this morning and is being turned into a growing area for children with special needs,this is the one I was asking for help with as the staff are just starting t in there this week.

But an update... Area 4 has been given to me today !!! I am so excited about this. I have a small group of sweeties who come to me  across  lunchtime for various reasons and I asked if I could have the last bit for them and I have it.

Data protection will not let me take pictures of the kids, but this week I am going to take pictures of the area, and keep a log of progress.

It will be a challenge as everything will have to be in pots, so black bucket shops here I come.

It is not a big area  but I think it will be just great and am looking forward to it very much.

Any envelopes of seeds received will be opened with the kids.

Most of our kids don't get much chance to garden so it will be super for them too.

Tomorrow we start cleaning it out. I have volunteered John of course.

It is primary school by the way. I am mostly looking at 7/8 year olds.

Thank you again for all your offers of help. You really are a super bunch you know

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 20:27:40 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 20:31:58 »
:) let me know what you need Jeannine and like Kathi I will bring to Barnsdale /shades x
grow your own way

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 20:41:39 »
Jeannie - as an alternative to black pots, what about old car tires ... you can fill them with compost and stack them 2 or 3 high and they should be relatively easy to come by ?

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 20:47:51 »
Is there anything that the children would particularly like to grow?
Do they want plants too?  Could bring these to Barnsdale...

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 21:05:27 »
Jeannine - pm your address and I'll have a sort out over the bank holiday, and send an envelope.  Work with children myself so I think this is a great project  :)

sand

• Half Acre
  • North North Staffordshire
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 21:10:44 »
Jeannine, please post a wish list, I'm sure we can all find just what you wish for!

Sand x

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 22:02:57 »
Hi Shades, Flossie  and SAND. I don't have a wish list as at the moment  this is so new . It has all happened so fast and the response has been super. Whatever comes my way I intend sharing with the teachers doing the sspecial needs group. I  I have set them up with tomatoes and  some salad stuff also sunflowers and pumkins. Sadly I gave away all my spare plants before all this started and as you can imagine I had loads, but no worries we still have time to sow  most things.
 The only plans s I have for sure at the moment is to get the area cleaned out. make sure every child in both groups had a personal sunflower plant and after that whatever we can get done we will do. The other group have a plastic zip up greenhouse, I don't but I do have one of my own buried in the garage if I can get it out over the long weekend.

Because it will be all pots apart from the brick raised bed I shall be especially grateful to receive anything that will grow in tubs. I have a spare small self fertile pear at the lottie which I will move in there too. There is an ugly self seeded tree in there which John will have out by Friday I hope right in the middle of the only raised bed.

Plants at the meet will be super. that will get us dome time. Oh why did I not think of this earlier. Still we will be in a great position for next spring, and is is sheltered so we may get some winter stuff.

I do an after school cookery club too so am hoping I can combine the two.

Do you know I don't think I was this excoted when I got my first lottie.

I will post what I get.

Tires might be a good idea, there is a tire store just down the road from the school, thank you for that idea.

Thank you all again.

XX It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas  XXXXXXXXXX

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 00:00:05 »
what sort of special needs are they - would a garden that appeals to different senses be any good ?  touch, smell, taste, sound ... I'm sure I've got spare herb seeds, will check at the w/e

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 07:32:05 »
MC, no they are mostly kids with problems like ADHD or low IQ, poor self esteem that sort of thing , however the seeds would be very interesting to them XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal