Author Topic: Wilkos  (Read 3199 times)

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
Wilkos
« on: April 30, 2007, 21:04:25 »
At the weekend we were looking for a red watering can, for Glyphosphate.
Popped in Focus £6.99! Then went to homebase £6.99!! Bought the one from homebase as we thought that would be the going price as same in both shops.
Today I went to Wilkinsons.
Red watering cans, identical to the one I bought, £1.49! And green ones £2.49 (ish not 100% sure, but cheap anyway!).
Got some pea sticks for 20p, some orange string for 39p, some labels for 99p, pea netting, stronger netting to keep the cats off, gloves 69p, and lots of other little bits, all at very good prices!
I will be going there in future! Just a shame that it's in town, and I need to walk some distance to the car (always park out of town, won't pay for car parking), or carry on the bus!
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

LJ

• Quarter Acre
  • Bridgend, South Wales
Re: Wilkos
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 15:14:51 »
What a bargain. I've had lots of bits and bobs from there before including their own label things which often seem cheaper than elsewhere.
I've been looking for a watering can for Glyphosphate as I worry abbout getting our others mixed up!! Think I'll go to Wilkinsons at the weekend!! Thanks  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal