Author Topic: typically british  (Read 845 times)

ACE

• Hectare
typically british
« on: April 29, 2007, 22:13:38 »
I've been away, down to Spain for a break, lovely clean streets, nice tidy flowerbeds, beaches cleaned every day, in fact a very nice place. But I thought we would have a day out in Gibralta, Last time I was there was 45 years ago when I our ship stopped for a few days.

What a letdown. Went up the rock to see the apes and the paint was peeling, rubbish piled in corners, tatty little snack bar that you could not find a clean table.
This is the prime spot that you go to see, it was just like Lands End, a second rate british attraction.

The cafes charge the earth for a coffee, just like rip off Britain. The only good thing was the good old English bobbies on foot. I should think there are more police in Gibralta than there is in the whole of Hampshire. Pity they did not stop the tour guides hassling us.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
Re: typically british
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 22:14:33 »
lol, so true about there being more police there than various parts of our country  :D

I spent a happy day there in 1986, when holidaying in Marbella, got to say i loved it, even if the apes did try to pinch my baby  :o

Mind you now hes a hairy 21 year old, maybe i should nip back to see if they wanna nick him now  ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: typically british
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:19:03 »
I spent a happy day there in 1986, when holidaying in Marbella, got to say i loved it, even if the apes did try to pinch my baby  :o

Mind you now hes a hairy 21 year old, maybe i should nip back to see if they wanna nick him now  ;D

Do you think they might go for a stroppy teen by any chance? When's the next flight out..... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal