Author Topic: Almond Tree.  (Read 2384 times)

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Almond Tree.
« on: May 25, 2004, 16:15:11 »
This is my latest Almond Tree .I already have one grown from a nut which is about 5' tall.This was started from a nut in March this year and is 18" tall.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re:Almond Tree.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 17:42:30 »
I was going to say something about fertile nuts -but I think I'll pass :)

Will the trees bear fruit BB, and where did you get your nuts from -as the actres said.....stop it!

Jeremy

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 18:28:03 »
 ;)I picked the nuts off a tree in Malta Jeremy.As for bearing fruit i dont know.Although Almond trees do bear fruit(or should that be nuts-maybe fruit and nut)in this country.My other one is about 6 years old and not even a flower yet.Still its a bit different.

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 22:51:21 »
Are you a real Budgie breeder?

Chezzie

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 23:08:45 »
She is she is...check out her babies on the pets section.  I want one I want one!!!!!!!

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 23:26:55 »
My Budgie Tommy flew away yesterday and I am heartbroken, He was two and a half and the most special bird I had ever had [and I've had everything from a Toucan to a Violet Eared Waxbill] he sat in the trees outside calling us for about five hours and although he's very, very tame he didn't come to me and now he's gone.  When my neighbour came home he shouted 'Freddie where's Chucky's biscuits' loud and clear, I don't know what I'm going to do without him EJ.  Off to look at the babies.

Chezzie

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 23:34:12 »
Oh Chezzie!  That is so sad!  Maybe he will come home after a night out - I do hope so for you.
My mum has always had birds and currently has the most grumpy African Grey parrot ever!  A toucan though, WOW!

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 06:27:41 »
Thanks EJ, there's a bird sancuary about 3 minutes walk away in the woods and they say there are lots of them living happily in the wild, I hope he is too, I just couldn't bear to think of him dying of hunger and cold.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 09:48:42 »
Just been to check where you live Chezzie but not on map.If you are near West.Yorkshire send me a PM if you want one you can have your pick.

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 13:24:31 »
That is so kind of you BB but I'm in Holland, and would you believe it, the chap who owns the flower shop downstairs  [I live in a shopping centre] just came and picked me up and took me to collect a new bird it's only six weeks old so I hope will become very tame.  He will never replace Tommy he was so special, but he will be well loved!

Do you know if it's true that boys talk better than girls and blue birds are the best talkers?

Thank you very, very much for your kind offer,

Chezzie

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 17:34:07 »
Hi Chezzie.Long way to come for a budgie.Sorry i hadn't known that you were in Holland.Yes males are the best if you want to teach your budgie to talk.The colour makes no difference.It's always better to have 2 or more Budgies together as they live in flocks in the wild.But i'm sure that you will be keeping your's company if you are going to teach it to talk.

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 21:28:29 »
Hi BB,

I still can't get over your generous offer, nor the loss of Tommy, I've never bought a bird they have always been presents but I was thinking about it, Tommy was given to me by an old lady who had a stroke so couldn't look after him.  He was hand tame and about 12 weeks [my new one is 6 weeks] he used to sit on the phone when I spoke to my mum and once he said 'That's absolute Bu****it Chezzie babe' [he got it from the neighbours]  He was a fantastic talker, long sentences and he knew everyone's name and would call you when you came in, if you put your coat on he'd say 'okey dokey bye bye darling' he also said the dog was stoned but we are in Holland!  The baby has very pink nostrils but I'm hoping they will turn blue, he sits on my finger already, although he was a bit panicky at first at least he stayed there.  It's very strange seeing him in Tommy's cage.  Mustn't ramble thanks for your help and offer.

Chezzie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal