Author Topic: New tomato type...well new to me....a keeper  (Read 712 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
New tomato type...well new to me....a keeper
« on: April 26, 2007, 20:57:08 »
 Hi. I have just recieved some new seeds.I have grown a few keeper tomatoes before but this one is supposed to far out weigh all the other.It is called KEEPSAKE.

I have read all the info on it which sound tremendous but has anyone grown ii please. Thank you XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: New tomato type...well new to me....a keeper
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:17:52 »
Nope-another one to try?-I`ll be an old man before I get half way there and I`m `distinguished` already :)

I`ve grown one or two `longkeepers` and they do ripen to a decent(ish) flavour but I`m all up for a special one.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 13:55:38 »
Cleo, the beauty of this one is(so the bumff says) it is unlike the other longkeepers in that is is a vivid red,the texture is not mushy and the flavour excellent,plus it will keep for 6 weeks off the vine with no change . Also you can leave the fruit on the vine if you are going away at the end of ther season,the plant will die without attention but the fruit will  remain good.Also you don't have to pick it under ripe.

Folks say if things sound too good to be true they probably are but I have to try it.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 16:57:50 »
Grew Garden Peach from HSL once it was still good in March and the seeds had germinated inside the last of the toms when we got round to keeping eating them!
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal