Author Topic: Allotment News  (Read 1006 times)

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
Allotment News
« on: April 23, 2007, 19:38:20 »
Hi there have updated with this weekends news and events from down the plot, signs of life everywhere, whats your like in comparison.

any comments greatly appreciated.

April Week 3

allaboutliverpool

• Hectare
  • allaboutliverpool.com
    • My Allotment in Liverpool
Re: Allotment News
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 22:32:36 »
Looks great, but so dry!

How do you prove chicken pellets are organic? I doubt that they come from free range chickens, roaming free and fed on organically grown, non GM corn with natural spring water, un-vaccinated and with the rapt attention of a protective cockeral, roosting in the trees at night etc..............have you ever tried to collect those droppings?

http://www.allaboutliverpool.com/allaboutallotments1_homepage.html

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 22:37:28 »
Looking good, we all so need some rain, had a bit in Derby today, just enough for a wind up and to bring out the slugs and snails!  :)

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:03:17 »
woooo take it easy, i am just saying the box said it was organic thats all. but yes so dry had rain for 2 days running now so should hopefully get better, but the front patch which is covered is much better as it was manured but if you go 1cm under the soil across the plot the soil is still wet belive it or not.

Looks great, but so dry!

How do you prove chicken pellets are organic? I doubt that they come from free range chickens, roaming free and fed on organically grown, non GM corn with natural spring water, un-vaccinated and with the rapt attention of a protective cockeral, roosting in the trees at night etc..............have you ever tried to collect those droppings?

http://www.allaboutliverpool.com/allaboutallotments1_homepage.html

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 13:52:08 »
Looks great - well done, it's really come on. My strawbs also producing fruit already. Scary!!!

Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 18:58:10 »
yup have checked and the flowers have been pollenated and the strawbs are already forming fruit

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal