Author Topic: fruit netting - anyone seen any ?  (Read 2233 times)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
fruit netting - anyone seen any ?
« on: April 18, 2007, 19:02:15 »
last season I got a couple of packets of green fruit netting from Poundland during their sale and its brilliant as a net cloche protection from pigeons on my peas and cabbages

I need some more for the caulis and the other row of peas, but can't find any - has anyone seen any on their travels ???  I've tried B&Q, poundland and some other cheapish shops so far ...

elsie

• Half Acre
Re: fruit netting - anyone seen any ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 16:31:05 »
check lidl's current specials. Think they've got some on there. :)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 16:57:47 »
Yes, they have - I went to mine today to buy fleece and a weather centre (!)and they have netting, I think it was about a fiver...   :)

PS Just had a look on the website, and it's not on there, but there definatly was some in mine... Worth a look anyway?
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 17:04:52 »
it was in ours too.  I bought a pressure sprayer & a flame thrower [one to put the other out  :)] & 6 fushias for £3.99.

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 17:15:25 »
LIDL for sure today, just got home from a shopping visit to Lincoln

Netting, Black very strong, mesh is 12 mm x 12 mm and net size is 8 mtr x 4 mtr  at £4.99 a pack. Perfect for my Strawberries and Red/Black Currant bushes.

Also bought a 'soak' hose for £3.99 but actually it is not a weeping type of soak hose, this one is flat form and has little holes along it which give either a fine upward spray, or if laid 'holes' down then it soaks  ;D

Don't know how LIDL produce this stuff at the price, most of the garden kit appears to be German made, maybe we Brits just get ripped off in our normal gardening outlets  :(

North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal