Author Topic: white goosegogs  (Read 1510 times)

ALAN HOWELL

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
white goosegogs
« on: May 21, 2004, 18:32:02 »
Hi all,got a small goosegog bush last Autumn,this Spring it has put on quite a lot of growth and a few berries,not many but as expected for the 1st year,trouble is the berries are turning white with which looks like some sort of mildew.This is only affecting the berries.Any ideas anyone re-what it is and the treatment
I GOT A LOTTA LOTTIE

oubykh

• Half Acre
Re:white goosegogs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 22:44:28 »
probably not much help but...

When i planted my bushes this year my dad mentioned mildew which his had caught, but he said to watch the tips rather than the berries.
Hope someone else has more help for you.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 23:29:25 »
Hi Alang,

I got the same thing on my gooseberries last year so would be interested in hearing what others have to say about what it is and how to treat it.
So far no fruit on mine this year yet. Last year was my gooseberry bushes first year.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

kaz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 22:48:11 »
I planted a goosebery bush which I bought in April half price from a garden centre and there are fruits appearing all over it! They are sort of orangey brown though - is that what they should be before they are ripe?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 23:03:34 »
Well mine are lime green and getting quite a size.  I have no idea if their colouration is a problem or not...... are yours green goosegogs, or a red variety?  Maybe that is why they are different colours.....  :-\

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal