Author Topic: Runner beans planted  (Read 3923 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Runner beans planted
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 22:28:11 »
Only sowed mine today.  My seeds were even cheaper as a bloke that the old man works with gave him a bag full of old seed - so I sowed Goliath and Best of all (I think) which both went out of date in 2001.  I have some new seed also which I will sow over the next few days.  Who knows, I could end up with more runners than I can shake a French bean at!

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 22:33:49 »
I will be very interested how you get on with your 3 foot long bean, brought some of the seed back from Thailand and planted it in the Greenhouse last year, it reached the roof but no flowers so no beans, maybe not hot enough, it's 98f this time of the year out there.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 22:48:03 »
Hi

I have my beans started in the mini greenhouse and there all just poking though.

I will be hardening them off in about 10 days and bring them up to the allotment.

As soon as this lot are in the ground i will be starting a second lot of exactly the same.

In fact i am going to share with my dad in london some of my seeds hes popping down this week and i am going to give him some peat pots and seeds to be getting on with and hes going to sow them up against his climbing roses.

Cambourne7

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 01:53:49 »
Thought you might like an update as the fashion of planting out early seems to be catching on.

They've had a few chilly nights of 6-8 degrees but they now have their feet into the good stuff and have lasted two weeks now without any care and attention apart from tieing in, or water except a few measly drops of rain. Plants have now mostly made three complete turns of the canes and should be at the top in three weeks time.

First full meal with fresh beans forecast 2nd - 3rd week June. Fingers crossed.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal