Author Topic: Small World!!!!  (Read 2069 times)

Blue Bird

• Hectare
Small World!!!!
« on: April 13, 2007, 14:17:23 »
What an amazing day - went on Freecycle weeks ago asking for shed for my allotment
Last night had message of lady who had seen the request and asked if I still wnted one - I quickly replied saying yes and gave phone number

Well she called today say that I could pop around and have a look to see if it would be suitable - said she was Knocking down old bungalow to do self build I said Oh we did that where are do doing it

WELL WOULD YOU BELIVE IT IN THE SAME ROAD!!!  :o  :o
yes they are number 20 and I am number 4 and yes I am now the proud owner of my own Shed  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Then I go onto A4A and there is a message from someone slse from the Wirral who only lives aound the corner  (hi Laura !!!)

What a small world it is  :) ;)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
Re: Small World!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 14:25:47 »
congrats on the shed BB! ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 15:35:11 »
But you wouldn't want to paint it...
 :o

okra

• Hectare
  • Grow your own its much safer
    • Cyprus Gardener
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 19:00:15 »
Freecycle is such a brilliant idea
Grow your own its much safer - http://www.cyprusgardener.co.uk
http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.co.uk
Author of Olives, Lemons and Grapes (ISBN-13: 978-3841771131)

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 16:47:48 »
There is another lady on A4A who comes from the same town as me! Not unusual if you are ina large city, but a very small place in Somerset!!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 23:20:45 »
Freecycle is such a brilliant idea
It is if you can get hold of stuff. When I have bid for stuff it has always gone. Here in Middlesbrough it would appear the majority of Ads are for people wanting things. Is this the same elsewhere.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 23:26:31 »
In Chelmsford I would say it is 50/50.  We refuse to 'ask' only offer.

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 19:38:36 »
We have had a telling off as it seems people have been giving real sad stories really poorly kids ect.... hoping to get the bits

So hope now it will be a little fairer

well it has worked for me   ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 20:20:08 »
I have noticed many times that a post for offer.eg black bike,is very quickly followed by a wanted post for black bike. I don't know if this is some sort of ploy to be noticed and givers then  feel it is an easy option to just give it to the asker  rather than vet calls.

Also in our area ,Hull, we are limited to 1 ask a month.

I only ever put 1 ask on,it was for a wormery.  My post was answered by a friend  being silly who thought it would be funny to offer me worms that she didn't have.A couple of weeks later I was in a crowd of people who were discussing Freecycle and I said I had asked for a wormery with no  real response and mentioned what my friend had done, I was told that her post would show as an answer to mine
( even though the details would not be seen) and anyone with a wormery would not have contacted me as they would have thought I had found one.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 12:19:50 »
I'm astonished at what a small world it is sometimes. When I first started on a4a someone saw i was in Bournemouth and asked where. It turns out, our children attend the same school, in the same class, we know each other to speak to and our plots are on same part of lottie site.  :o
As for Freecycle I sent email to the mods saying erm, don't you think the wanteds are a bit out of control? I was prompted by this post :
 Wanted - Xbox 360 wireless handset-
The 360 is about £300 new so figured if you've bought one you may as well buy the flaming handset, is it likely someone bought it and then said, actually, just bung this in the shed?!
And this -Wanted -urgently-pine bed and wardrobe.
 How can you urgently need a PINE bed? Needing a bed i understand but a pine one? You would like a pine one, but as you asking for it FREE, surely anything will do.
And finally this - Wanted - Laptop or pc. Must be flat screen pc though. Preferably under 2 years old.
Erm, not exactly in the spirit of keeping things out of landfill then?
So i said to mods, please may i post for an unwanted Golf GTI or a Faberge egg that someone no longer needs.
Their reply was, this used to bug us too, but wanteds are useful at keeping things out of landfill when it's a reasonable post. They feel it's self moderating- if no-one responds then they get nowt and people remember them. The only problem there is i can change my freecycle name as many times as i like so how do we know who's who? I also seem to be able to hop between names. I don't, but i could!
Ho hum.  ;)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal