Author Topic: Squashed?  (Read 1124 times)

Zoglet

• Half Acre
Squashed?
« on: April 12, 2007, 22:07:13 »
I was planning to plant all my three or four varieties of squash together in the one bed (together with cucumbers and courgettes). I just read a thread that confused me no end as it seemed to suggest that if  I did so, bad things would happen! Can anyone set me straight about this please?

Z
Got first allotment 24//4/06 - so much to do!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Squashed?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 22:45:48 »
It was probably me, what is it you need to know.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Zoglet

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 13:28:54 »
I just want to know if I can plant my various squashes, cucumber, courgettes in the same bed with out fear of dire implications! :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 14:45:53 »
If you don't want to save seeds, then go ahead and plant, they will grow together,might cross,but won't affect the food this year, If you want to save the seeds then you would have to seperate them or grow different families.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

isbister

• Half Acre
  • Middlesex
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 14:55:50 »
Last year I planted 2 courgette, 2 winter squash, 1 pumpkin, 2 melon, 2 pattypan and 3 cuke in a bed measuring aprox 15ft x 6ft with loads of makeshift trellising where appropriate. Had no probs at all except for the melon which did nothing. had to hack my way in there with a machete mind you...

Zoglet

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 16:57:15 »
Thanks for the info, I'm not saving the seed yet, as this is only my second year and there is enough to think about with out all that, but at least now I know I can go ahead as planned! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal