Author Topic: fishlies!!!  (Read 1645 times)

bunjies

• Half Acre
fishlies!!!
« on: April 12, 2007, 17:59:53 »
ok, anyone know anything about tropical fishies?
i used to keep them years ago but i had to give them to a friend when i moved. i also gave away all of my books.
i was admiring the 4 foot tropical tank at a local garage reception room today and commented how nice they were. the lady replied 'would you like them? the girl who looks after them is leaving next week'!!!!!
it is a 4 foot tank with a hood and lights, on wrought iron stand.
plants, external filter, decor, heater, thermostat, air pump, air bricks etc etc
and all the fishies!!!!!
from what i recall there are some angel fish, clown loach, scissor tails, barbs, zebra fish and some neon tetras. there are a couple of other bigger fish about the size of the angels but i dont know what they are. they look a bit like discus but they're not ???
any tips? i've never used an external filter before either....
i am hoping to be able to get them over the next week, depending on when i can get some containers to put the water in. i figure that will be better for the fish than trying to make tap water suitable?
any help muchly appreciated!
thankies!
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
Re: fishlies!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 21:45:20 »
Hi there .Just found this post but realise it is a while since you asked the questions.I keep tropical fish so if there is anything more you need to know would be glad to help.Hope by now you have got them transferred into your home and everything is running smoothly.If you have had them before I am sure you will soon pick it up again and there are loads of sites on the internet,plus books at the library to learn about the individual species requirements.
Margaret

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal