Author Topic: what a roll.  (Read 2578 times)

missie

• Not So New ...
what a roll.
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:20:29 »
Well things are going swimmingly (touchwood).

Bunjies and myself have been doing a bit of scrounging for our new site and we have come up with tons of buiding supplies that are just been dumped.We are currently in need of some storage for all this stuff.

We have also started our leaflet drop in our village, looks like it's going to take about 2 weeks but we already have 2 new people to join us, one of whom volunteered to write us a newspaper article.
So we are off to have our photo taken tonight, I thought I may Mrs Boucket it (he, he, he).

see ya from Missie

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: what a roll.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 12:30:09 »
Gosh what are you guys up to???

Have you finaly got your allotments?

Any more help please just shout!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:31:50 by cambourne7 »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 21:32:00 »
whatever it is, fingers crossed for you  ;D

missie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 05:27:59 »
hello you two and yes Cambourne we got it
finally got it all together and got it pushed through at the Parish council meeting.

Had to do alot of phone calls and research (and hours of sitting through painfully long parish council meetings) but we are currently having the deeds changed on a smashing piece of land in our village.had to do quite a bit of telling the Parish council who to talk to and what the process would be next.

It feels huge, no it is huge, it has no bindweed or elder and has lots of worms and some nettles ( a good sign to me).

had a bit of a fun afternoon scrounging stuff for the lottie, came away with loads, which we just have to find storage for until we move on.

And we may even be doing a monthly diary bit in the paper about our little horticulture venture, as they want something a bit more fun then the run of the mill gardening stuff.

Can't begin to tell you how exciting this all is, it's like a mini xmas each week when we hear something else has come into place.

Our picci is fun (taken with a broken wheel barrow and gaffa taped watering can) so we may get a small sympathy vote regarding tool donation, we will just have to see how our pleas for some rabbit/security fencing go?

Just wondering but does anyone have any rabbit costumes that we could have on a loan for about 6 months to a year?

from missie

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 16:01:52 »
Nettles are easy to get rid of, and a sure sign of good soil. They're shallow rooted, so it's just a matter of grubbing them out (a digging hoe is ideal for this), and then being ruthless with the inevitable seedlings.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 17:02:07 »
congrats missie

Have you got water on site??

I likes parish council meetings usualy fun if you know the undercurrents :-)

You need to make sure you get a notice board  - I suggest a 2 sided one so the parish can put the rules up and you can use it to pull the community together.

Make sure you get the site rotivated speak to the people who take your green rubish away and see if you can get a couple of deliverys of free soil improver to the site and if you can get this rotivated in which will save quite a bit of digging.

Speak to a local wood merchant and offer him a free advert and see if you can get a discount.

If you speak to the national allotment association they should be able to help you measure eveything up and mark out the beds.

Where are you in the UK i had forgotten....

Cambourne7

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 22:03:54 »
hi Cambourne7

we are in somerset, not too far from the royal bath and west showground ;)
i must say this is a little scary at the moment, but how fab!!!
cant wait to sow some carrits for the buns ;D
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 16:51:10 »
Good luck to you both!! From another somerset lottie holder, down the A30!!

missie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 23:13:26 »
 ;D Howdy,

Yes we have water running from a stream on site which we can use.

We will be setting up a community composting scheme, so if you are an allotment association member you can use, then it will be recycled on site.

We also have a man with a tractor and a stone shuffler thingy to help clear and turn the ground.

We also have a builders firm giving us access to limited supplies of nice wood.
A window firm giving us unlimited supply to good solid doors, good for raised beds and making sheds.
We also have been given a supply or recycled decking made from (sounds yuk but) plastic bottles and nappies. We have enough for a small clubhouse, we just have to build a frame for the decking.

The local chemist is acting as an information place for us.

The two things we desperately need at the moment is some fun dressing up bunny rabbit suits, long story but we need to start a vicar of dibley thing re rabbits in this village. Because it would be great fun and a brilliant publicity for our lotties and help us get lots of rabbit/security fencing.

from Missie

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 23:42:12 »
Haven't you done well! - many many congrats to you both 8)

The rabbit costumes - I suggested somewhere else that you try your Freecycle? Ours in Birmingham has a 'cafe' section where this sort of request, or recommendations for workmen,man-with-van etc.,  are made....anything similar on yours? Bet someone local might come up with an idea for you...

All the best.

Lishka

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 20:36:26 »
wow, missie, things are really going well..can't someone you know make some bunnies for you, you could always do bunny girls, that'd be popular, well, with the males..anyway, congratulations, glad you got it sorted  ;D

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 00:06:28 »
 ;D ;Di can just see us as bunny girls!!
best go shave me legs in preparation :o
were famus now mind! got our picture in the paper an everything ;)
how cool is that?
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 19:44:46 »
is it on u tube, can you please put it on here and if you get done up as bunnies, can we have a picture of that as well, we can all say we knew you before you were famous  :)

missie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 04:37:21 »
woh there,

I think your idea's about what I may look like in a bunny suit and my actual knowledge of what I would look like in abunny suit are quite different, I'm mean did you see the pictures of those rabbits sent to vietnem in the news???

Anyway today we wrote out the tenancy agreements and we were given a 2nd hand shed  pretty groovey ehhh?
We also started to encourage the rugby team to play in the nude but there was still a cool breeze wooshing it's way down the hill!

From missie

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 21:32:44 »
Simplicity used to do a Bugs Bunny dress up outfit for kids and adults and fur fabric is pretty cheap. What about the local costume hire places they will have costumes for Easter Bunnies XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal