Author Topic: Pictures of your ponds please - a gallery!  (Read 7385 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Pictures of your ponds please - a gallery!
« on: April 05, 2007, 16:51:31 »
My love and I are midway through arguing, I mean designing our new pond.  Bigger and much more informal and natural, but we are having problems deciding how to edge the pond.  We are going to turn up to the front and have planting around the sides, but along the back is a struggle.  SO, pretty please with jam on top, could you pond lovers post a photo of your pond, a gallery if you will, so we can all see your fab water featers and steal, I mean copy, no I prefer gain great ideas of how to create our pond.  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Pictures of your ponds please - a gallery!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 18:15:53 »
Hi Emma Jane. Have posted you 2 pics of the bridge my Hubbie made. In the one you can see that we plant quite a few things in containers to go around the pond cos it deters the heron. We don't actually walk on the path as we have gravelled whats left of the back garden. I will osrt some more pics out for you as they are on disc.ok Hope it helps a little
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 19:20:15 »
Here is another pic showing the edge of the path where we put the containers. We change them as needed. In the winter we put shrubs around. All done to deter the heron as I said. It also deters liitle people from getting near the pool.  Mind you we don't let the kiddies down there on their own anyway. Hope you get a couple of ideas Emma Jane
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 19:39:32 »
wow, that is some water feature!

Looks brilliant ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 20:10:17 »
This was my pond in September 2005. Can't find last year's photos!

Tricia

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 22:05:27 »
OOo Shirl, what a lovely pond!  Love the bridge and the masses of plants.  Those pots are a very good idea to keep the urchins away from the waters edge.  And tricia, it is that lovely stoney edge that the old man fancies, and do I spy a cherub or 2 in amongst the stones?  Just lovely both of them.  Keep them coming folks - we can all see your fab water features and get great ideas!  ;D

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 20:19:30 »
Yes, E-J -  A friend donated the 'girl reading' when she went all Chinese pagodas etc in her new garden. Then Gordon saw 'boy lying down reading' when out with his daughter in Teignmouth and bought him for me as a surprise  :). I love them both. (Have just had to find a new home for 18 of my small goldfish by advertising them on Freecycle - my fish are just sooooo prolific  ::). They were snapped up within an hour  8).)

Tricia

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 23:16:04 »
Emma,  heres my pond.  Its to be repaired this summer, the waterfall is out of action.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 00:03:33 »
Picture of my pond on the lottie. Path not finished or bedded down yet and it will be a few more weeks before the plants regrow but the tadpoles and newts seem to love it.

Rohaise

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 18:47:24 »
I,ve been looking at all your pond pictures ,I am just preparing my mind to begin mine.    I have alot of horrible weeds to clear out first...such as docks and nettles and that giant hogweed with the caustic sap ..oh..yes ..and brambles .  My pond is going to be of the very cheap,second hand and recycled variety...just till my husband can visualize  some idea of what it will look like .    ::) So I have to really make a good job of this you see .I must try and learn how to put pictures on here . Meantime ..yours are really inspiring !  Keep the pictures coming !  Rohaise   :)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 22:45:10 »
still need to bed in the stone edging and then plant up around it ... looks very bare compared to others: 

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 10:30:59 »
What great ideas for ponds, love your bridge shirlton :)  Carol's raised pond has given us some ideas though. Herewith photo of ours a few summers ago, we have since thinned out some of the conifers but wanted to re-design it and we really like the way that Carol has done their's. Not very clear in the photo but we have a stream running down the back which the blackbirds absolutely love. We have to have a raised pond otherwise our dogs would end up in it, being retrievers they are very much water dogs ;D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:29 »
Just finished revamping my pond. Will post pictures when I have some to post!

Great pictures of your ponds by the way. Bit jealous to be honest. They all look very nice.

Chloe

• Half Acre
  • I am very proud of that
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 17:11:21 »
Can someone, please, remind me how to add a photo so I can post one of my pond at my allotment?

Thank you,
Chloe:)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 11:28:03 »
As requested and promised here are a few pictures of my pond taken last month

I have since made some improvements to the planting and surrounds but these are the most up to date pictures.

Feel free to ask questions about it.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 18:05:02 »
you have a beautiful garden GC.

Chloe - the easiest way to add photos is to get yourself a Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com) and then click the icon that is under the Italic button and copy the pictures url and paste the full thing in between the img / img  tag.  Hope this makes sense

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 18:31:48 »
you have a beautiful garden GC.

Chloe - the easiest way to add photos is to get yourself a Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com) and then click the icon that is under the Italic button and copy the pictures url and paste the full thing in between the img / img  tag.  Hope this makes sense
Thanks for the compliments.

Explanation a bit vague, re photo posting. I was gong to say; get an account with a photo storage website (like photobucket or flickr). Upload your photos then use whatever method the site uses to obtain an image URL (IMG) rather than a webpage link (Http/URL). Then copy and paste into your post on a4all, using the IMG tags if nessesary (photobucket adds them for you). Then preveiw your post to check the link works before posting the message. I hope this explains things a bit more. cant be more specific as photo websites tend to vary a lot.

I use Photobucket (www.photobucket.com) for individual photo posting as i find its the easiest to use for this purpose. for sharing whole albums other sites are better.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 18:34:23 by Garden Cadet »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 19:18:13 »
you have a beautiful garden and I'm dead envious of your pond  ;D
we just give dan 10.00 per year, it helps run the site and is very easy to use to post piccies  :)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 17:01:59 »
Picture of our pond looking a bit sad in the rain.

Also one looking even sadder a month or so ago - will try & get nicer one when the sun shines.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 14:09:44 »
What fabulous ponds, what a clever lot you are! ;D

Here is mine a few months on after building, settling in nicely, excuse the hose! :-\

amazing how fast they look settled in! :)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal