Author Topic: The garden helpers,bless 'em  (Read 2408 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: The garden helpers,bless 'em
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 21:02:02 »
It's hard isn't it? John refused all tests, Dr is convinced he has the AZ thing but can't be sure,we do OK, we actually work very well together, one right foot and one left you might say. I am not able to do anything heavy , he can't remember things, together we make I good one, can't be bad

This was my lad when I married him
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 21:04:49 »
just sounds like us, ray's got a bad memory but can do things, I 'm having more and more difficulty moving around but can remember things, between us, we make a whole..good, innit?  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 22:09:02 »
Hey we should go out as a foursome, it sound like we would  all make a good set !! XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 15:37:32 »
i am getting a bit worried about oh he will not take his diabetis seriously he,s on tablets at the moment i think he,s convinced taking them is all thats needed to controll it he had to have a ecg last week becoase of high bp he is very much in denial i think. we are about equel in the memory thing ,we call it the black hole
i try to put groups of things in the same place ie tools and electrics
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 19:22:56 »
lists rule in our house, ray has a writing pad, 'his memory'..I've encouraged him to have one by the bed as well, he used to get bothered when he thought of something in the night and promptly forgot it..now he writes it down  ;D

hope your oh gets used to his condition, marg..has he been diabetic long?.. 12 months since we found out about ray's diabetes but he's just on diet only

our dear friend's wife has early onset dementia, I've suggested a large calendar and a diary..she keeps asking what day it is and he's getting a bit tense  :(

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 19:07:12 »
app 3 years was on diet at first but he likes all the wrong food and plenty of it
i try to buy healthy as i have a wieght problem but in the end it,s up to him what he puts in his mouth and i can,t watch him 24/7  he,s a bit careful when it,s coming up to a checkup thats the only time he uses his tester i think it will be insulin soon
the way things are going i hope ray has taken it onboard and takes care
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 20:55:27 »
wierd, really, ray never liked sweet stuff, now he can't eat it, he eats more than before, if that makes sense ;D
I've got a few cake recipes so he can have a 'sweet' treat every so often without worrying..

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 23:18:55 »
Manics, Jeannine and theothermarg, sending you love and all the best. You do so well in dealing with everything and still have time for your lotties and are in it together. You are an inspiration.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 23:42:18 »
Manics, Jeannine and theothermarg, sending you love and all the best. You do so well in dealing with everything and still have time for your lotties and are in it together. You are an inspiration.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
I for one second that. :)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 18:11:58 »
thank you ( and i,m sure others feel the same) for putting up with the " sharing of my problems, it,s like having a chat over the garden fence was in the old days
before the world started spinning madly out of control ( oh thats only me is it ?)
having this site is a godsend to me and kept me positive( mostdays) while i have been laid up
marg cast off in 2 weeks ;D am hoppleing around garden without crutches :)
Tell me and I,ll forget

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 18:34:51 »
Me too thank you,we are OK here.My John is still the Raf Corporal Tech I fell for in the fifties. The site is great though, there are few places you can have a moan or a cry or even share a joy or two like this one, There is always someone to support you. Great camaraderie , XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 20:13:42 »
I third that, thanks  :-* :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal