Author Topic: bit of a rant. rip off britain?  (Read 1107 times)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
bit of a rant. rip off britain?
« on: March 26, 2007, 17:01:02 »
i have been well shocked today! i hope this will serve as a warning to others :o
when a took a loan for a car out with my bank i thought i would take a insurance out in case i should fall sick it,s only £63 a month but as i,m out for 2 months i thought i would claim so far so good i have to have form filled in by my doctor they
would not pay the cost. well would you believe £26.50 to fill a form in  :o and whats more it will take up to 3 weeks :o :o  well i am gobsmacked but what can you do but pay up. we would have to pay parking every time i go to the hospital but for OH having a blue badge ( couple of crocks here) thanks i feel better getting that off me chest  marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: bit of a rant. rip off britain?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 20:27:42 »
I am afraid it's the "Creed of Greed" started by you know who.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:24:54 »
Do you need a knife to hack your way out of all that red tape?!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 22:06:50 »
The price you paid to have that form filled in was criminal.

I thought the  letter that my doctor gave me for the lottie bosses was bad enough at £10, and all it was was 1 line,  that said.  Jeannine has a permanent disability in her back and arms which make it impossible  for her to carry large  containers of water.

With this I do get a hose pipe to me patch though.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 22:22:26 »
It really is rip off Britain.

That is a lot of money to have a form filled in.

Can I rant too??!!

My Son was born 9weeks early and is still in hospital, we have to pay parking fees (the hospital trust made 1.7 MILLION on car parking last year) AND this has really annoyed me...we HAVE to buy nappies for him!

Am I being tight??? I don't know, I just feel ripped off again.

Regards

Matt

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 22:33:00 »
I didn't really rant but was a bit disgusted at an extra copy of Mums Death Certificate cost £8.50.    £8.50 for a bit of paper.   What a cheek eh.  Where do they get the prices.  A bit of green A4 paper is 5p a copy if that.....

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 16:14:20 »
just been telling a neighbour about £26.50 and 3 weeks for a form and she reckons that to take medication on a plane she has to get doctors notes at £10 for each perscription and to allow 3 weeks and they have to be in a clear zipped wallet, what she showed me might fit into a carrier
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 18:29:50 »

Can I rant too??!!

My Son was born 9weeks early and is still in hospital, we have to pay parking fees (the hospital trust made 1.7 MILLION on car parking last year) AND this has really annoyed me...we HAVE to buy nappies for him!

Am I being tight??? I don't know, I just feel ripped off again.

Regards

Matt
have you asked, our hospital told me I could park free when I had to go every day for a week, ask, you never know ..by the way, congrats on the littly, hope he's home soon  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 19:22:58 »
MattyJC.
 No you are not being tight at all, you are being abused.Perish the thought that parents in this situation would have to stay home  because they couldn't afford the parking charge.  There is enough stress on long term patients families without that worry too.

I too hope the wee seed grows and flourishes quickly, with love XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal