Author Topic: "pass the parcel" number 6  (Read 6738 times)

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
Re: "pass the parcel" number 6
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 20:49:11 »
Oooh goody - can't wait!! ;D ;D ;D

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
PTP 6 has landed and is off again...
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 10:10:22 »
The parcel arrived safely - although slightly battered.  Have now given it a nice new envelope and it should last a couple more journeys.

Many thanks to CityChick for organising it and the others A4A members who so generously swap/give seed so that others who would not normally try certain seeds get a chance to give it a go.

Anyway... the parcel is on its way to a very flat part of the country renown for its sausage and Haslet.... ;D ;D

Jitterbug

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 10:45:32 »
safely arrived this morning in 'Sausage and Hazlet' country.

What's this  'very flat part of the country'   ??? ..... we live in a Mountain Range (relatively) 55 metres above sea level, makes your head spin  ;D
the 'flat' bits are South of here.

Will rummage the parcel and get it on it's way on Monday ... hope you all have a great weekend

Mikey

North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 13:38:18 »
Sorry Mikey - never been there and had to ask someone how I could describe your part of the world - and they said FLAT!!  You must remember I am an import from SA.

Jitterbug

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 17:53:24 »
Sorry Mikey - never been there and had to ask someone how I could describe your part of the world - and they said FLAT!!  You must remember I am an import from SA.

Jitterbug

JB,
where or what is SA  :P ;)

is that South:
Acre
Alkham
Allington
Alloa
Ambersham
Anston
Ascot
or Ashford ............

hee hee ..... just kidding I know it's really South Aberdeen

Mikey

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 15:02:34 »
Tally Ho !!

PTP No. 6 is on it's way, just put in the Village Box and Postie will collect at 17:15 hrs.

Should be with ......   sounds like a Danish man crossing a Stream, in the 'exotic' Borough of Camden  ;)  tomorrow morning.

Help please ... I took 4 seeds of 'Cardoon', from the Treasure Trove, on the packet was written ... collected from '***** Heath College' Jan 07, what is the full name  :-\

Cheers
Mikey

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 17:07:08 »
Just got home after a few days away ... getting exciting now not far from me  ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

blisters

• Quarter Acre
  • Dorset
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 15:20:18 »
Parcel received this morning ;D

Very happy bunny, sorting through the millions of seeds inside.

All things being equal, it will be on it's way to Norwich on Monday.

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 09:37:16 »
Do we have an update on the progress of Parcel 6? ???

I'm waiting patiently... :-[...just thought I'd bump the thread! :)

CityChick

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 10:07:16 »
I've checked who it went to after blisters (sorry creckless, not you just yet).  All I know is they haven't been logged in since 24th...

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 13:40:53 »
sorry folks, have been on holiday so haven't been anywhere near a computer (bliss!)
the parcel was waiting for me on my desk when I got in this morning – will have a good old rootle through it this evening and get it back in the post tomorrow.

I'll be 'poynt'ing it on its way to someone daring and adventurous ;D

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 15:55:44 »
finally finishing rootling at 12:30 this morning (OH was watching Liverpool win (hurray!) so didn't even notice the enormous piles of seeds on the floor ::))

just got back from the post office so it should arrive with the next swapper tomorrow or Friday.
thanks again CityChick ;D

CityChick

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 17:41:13 »
Super! Just a couple more people to visit then and its coming home... ;D

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 13:40:37 »
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

The parcel has arrived!!!!

WOW!  :o

Its massive!

Such an amazing variety and quantity of seeds to sort through. Will get on with the job....and add my spares....then send it off to the town where Elton John can often be found admiring the talents of 11 men  :o  ;)

thewoodle

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 14:29:13 »
Wow, all this pass the parcel sounds so much fun, what a great idea! We've moved our family to Denmark (from Southampton) a couple of months ago now, and I hadn't really had time to miss England until I went on "Allotments 4 All" just now. :'(
Maye I should find some Danish gardeners to start a "pass the parcel" with. I'm looking forward to seeing how my seeds from Southampton fare in windy Denmark...

Thewoodle

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 01:26:45 »
Just to say, although the parcel has long been and gone from Camden Town, I've been offline for some time, so a huge thank you to City Chick for all the hard work and effort!

Mikey, I took some cardoons too, they were from the Reaseheath College.

http://www.reaseheath.ac.uk

For me, there are three great things about this whole idea:

First, the chance to try something new - for instance,  I was toying with the idea of getting some cardoons and runner beans but wasn't sure, and now I have the chance to give 'em a go.

Second, the (rather scary!) level of excitement and anticipation waiting for that parcel to arrive.  Not to mention the thrill of sorting through what seems like hundreds of packs in all shapes and sizes. It brings out the big kid in all of us!

Third, the trust in each other to give and take. Even though we don't know each other and might never meet

We're not such a bad bunch really, are we? (blimey, fetch the Kleenex!)

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 08:09:12 »
Well done Amazin,  your post is really important I think they are  super comments, especially the last one, Trust is fast vanishing from this world sadly and here it is very much  in evidence.

I agree we are a great bunch.........no Kleenex, bog roll for me XXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 21:36:03 »
Mikey, I took some cardoons too, they were from the Reaseheath College.

http://www.reaseheath.ac.uk

Amazin,

thanks for the info, always nice to know the origins

Re PTP's .... agree 100% with you, great fun and somehow we seem to get to know each other better.
I'm sure the trust and sharing bit, plays a large part, the idea would fail if just one person 'did a runner with the loot'

I love to read the comments on each parcel's progress, child Phsyciatrists would have something to say about us all  ;) ;D

Many thanks to the respective organisers, to the contributors and the nutters who are biting their nails in anticipation  ....

Mikey

PS and thanks to all of our 'Posties'

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 22:38:05 »
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

....then send it off to the town where Elton John can often be found admiring the talents of 11 men  :o  ;)

;D ;D ;D  ... I've got it   8)  !! Simply fantastic contents ... what fun  :D :D :D

... just wish I had a bigger plot ... thank you all for being such great participants  :-* :-* :-*

And I wholeheartedly support all the previous comments ... and huge thanks to the organisers  ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal