Author Topic: "pass the parcel" number 6  (Read 6718 times)

CityChick

• Acre
"pass the parcel" number 6
« on: March 25, 2007, 18:31:02 »
Okay all you "pass the parcel" addicts.... parcel one has returned to me and is ready to go again (thanks for all the offers of help btw).

To be honest, I've lost track of who said they wanted to play next time, so....

The first ten people to PM me they want to play in round 6 are on the list (I think its round 6 :-\  I'll call it round 6 until anyone tells me otherwise :P)

If you've played before, I should have your details, but I'd still like a PM to confirm you want to play in this round.

If you've not played before you need to PM me your real name and address so I can add you to the list for round 6. 

Any questions, feel free to ask.

If you're not in the first ten, don't worry, parcel 2 is due back soon ;)

Okay.... GO!!

Lisa
xx

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
Re: "pass the parcel" number 6
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 21:19:06 »
Hello CityChick

I would love to play again will send you a pm.

Many thanks for organizing it - this is really fun !!

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 21:51:00 »
City Chick ....

put me down for PTP No. 6
this is addictive  ;D
PM on it's way

thanks for all your work organising, much appreciated

Mikey
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

CityChick

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 09:33:02 »
Three more places left for this round...

Dizzymac

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 13:14:35 »
Sorry to seem thick :-[  but I'm new to this site. What is involved in the Pass the Parcel. and how do I PM you if I want to join in?

Cheers D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 19:04:22 »
Hi Dizzymac,pass the parcel is a give and take  mail swap of seeds.
As you become more familiar with the site you will see that we swap a lot of seeds between us.eg I may need a cucumber of a kind I want to try or perhaps can't find in a shop,I ask if anyone has any and in return I offer what I have to swap.

The pass the parcel is a Round Robin plan , the seeds start at the organisers house, it gets sent to the first person on the list, who takes out a few of what he/she wants puts something back in and sends the parcel to the next person on the list and so on till it gets back to the first person again. We usually take out a few rather than  a full packet of something.

It is very much a trust and honour set up  a give and take idea.

You never know what may be in the parcel and that is what makes it fun

Places go pretty quick, so you may not get on the first one you asked for,I think I got on my third.

While you are waiting, there are lots of swaps going on so if you have an access of something I am sure someone will be interested and you may get something you need in return.

Welcome to the forum

To PM someone, which is a private communication. click on there name/picture and a screen will pop up, at the bottom it will offer you choices, one is to send a personal message to that person.

Good luck with your seed swapping,  I am in to Tomatoes, squash, fancy beans and melons  myself as a sort of speciality you might say, but always keen to see what is out there.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Dizzymac

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 17:49:49 »
Hi Jeannine

Thanks for the information, I'm sure I'll get to grips with this site one day!!! Might even get round to putting a picture on here.

I  seem to end up with lots of tomatoes, I'm trying out the Black Cherry one from T&M this year

Cheers  :)
Dizzymac

CityChick

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 09:15:22 »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.  (I had a silly fall at home and learnt the hard way why you shouldn't run up stairs with things in both hands :-[  ::) I've had a rather sore wrist for a few days, but well on the mend now.  At least I can type now and open seed packets again ;D)

The first ten people who got back to me were, in alphabetical order:

Amazin
blisters
carolinej
coznbob
creckless
flowerlady
Jeannine
Jitterbug
mikey
norfolklass

As usual, this isn't the order the parcel is going round in - just to keep you all guessing ;D

Sorry for those who didn't make it, but I'm sure there'll be another one as parcel 2 should be back soon...

Lisa :)

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 10:04:52 »
Thanks CityChick

I do hope that you are well on the mend as you are going to need both hands with Spring here and all that sowing to do.  You be careful in future.

I know once I fell down the stairs and was lucky as other than being rather shaken up my dignity was more bruised than anything else and my favourite slippers were ruined!! Alto I think it was the worn slipper that made me slip in the first place.

I look forward to the next parcel with baited breath......

Regards

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

CityChick

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 10:39:08 »
Hmmm... slippers were partly to blame here too!  Dangerous things those slippers ;D

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:04:48 »
Also as good as flip flops !!  Hope you feel better soon  ;) 

... just had a thought you will have to ask someone else to do the digging !! ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:14:00 »
thanks CC! ;D

and I'm glad you're on the mend. I don't have to watch out for slippers but my cat likes to play chicken by dashing in front of me when I'm least expecting it. she's been accidentally kicked across the kitchen floor a couple of times, so you'd think she'd have learned by now ::)

dawn34

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 14:36:37 »
who ever invented stairs needs shooting really we moved froma flat to a house and we didn't have a stair carpet, i had socks on and was carrying my daughter who was 10months at the time, yes i slipped with her in my arms and we fell top to bottom, my main concern was my daughter not letting her get hurt she was fine, me a hospital job twisted knee, very painful and physio later.. stairs who need them.

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 15:44:21 »
as i am quite new to the site i would love to get in on the seed swap  but have to tell me what i have to do and who you send your address to so you can get the seeds sent to you will there be a list inside to let you know who to send them to next
Sue

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 16:43:15 »
have a look on the next post, jeannine's starting a pass the parcel  :)

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 17:44:19 »
Hi  Citychick want to play pass the parcel please have to help me as i dont know what pm means
Sue

CityChick

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 17:55:15 »
Hi sutton girl,

PM means "personal message".  If you look to the left, near people's names, there is a picture like this:

When you click on that (below someones name) it'll take you to the place to send a personal message.

At the moment all the "pass the parcels" have gone, so its too late to in join now.  (They go off with a list of names and addresses to pass them on to, so once they've gone its too late to join in that particular round.)

Keep an eye on the swap shop though - if there is enough interest when an existing parcel comes back the organiser might send it round again ;)

Lisa

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 17:56:41 »
thank lisa
Sue

Jitterbug

• Hectare
    • Leighton Lottie
Where's the parcel 6 Now ??
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 19:39:29 »
Does anyone have any idea where PTP6 has gotten to??

Jitterbug

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 08:13:41 »
Been so busy have forgotten to post on this!

Parcel has been received and is winging its way to Dorset as we speak! ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal