Author Topic: Yes, Yes, YES!  (Read 1849 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Yes, Yes, YES!
« on: March 19, 2007, 17:49:49 »
At last, after losing greenhouses on ebay and freecycle I have got one - and the friendly seller brought it all the way to my lottie and helped to unload it and take it to the plot. Took the top layer of grass off the area this morning and plan to level it better tomorrow. Will now be searching the site for all the advice on securing it down - a base came with it, as well as the metal stakes for the corner.
What  a wonderful day!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Yes, Yes, YES!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 18:07:10 »
Congratulations ;D Well done, just in time to get some nice toms, cucumbers, melons etc etc going.
Lorna.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 18:33:26 »
that's brilliant, tin shed, did you get the glass as well?  ;D

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 18:48:16 »
Well done Tin Shed. If the base is aluminium then I suggest once it is on a level site, you dig holes approx 8 inches square and about a foot deep on the inside four corners. Then put the securing hooks in place and fill the hole with that fast setting fence post concrete. I did this on mime and touch wood it has stood up to all that has been thrown at it.....well apart from a stone from the lawn mower which shattered the toughened glass ;D.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 22:22:40 »
Glass, as well as all the bolts etc. And the man I bought it off was happy to bring it right to my plot an the lottie and go through lots of little details. I just hope I will be able to remember it all when we get to put it up. It needs a bit of a clean, but thats not a problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal