Author Topic: Making excuses not to go to the lottie...  (Read 5477 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: Making excuses not to go to the lottie...
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 10:59:51 »
I usually plan to do some other jobs in between bouts of digging. Last time I dug for 1/2 an hour then emptied out my rat infested compost bin (after banging on the side a few times before I started digging!) put wire mesh under bin and secured to ground with tent pegs. Did some weeding of the area where I'm planting more raspberries, the soil here is sandy loam unlike the rest of my plot which is heavy clay....just doesn't make sense I wish the rest of my plot had this easy to dig soil.
Then another burst of digging the clay.

My non gardening OH helped me plant my damson at the weekend. It was a lovely day and he started talking about taking a week off work to come and help me dig because he enjoyed himself so much. Has the bug bitten?

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 21:57:00 »
isn,t life funny  you put off doing something by making excuses and the moment you can,t you desperatley want to wella t least i got it dug before breaking my ankle
the greater purple footed marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 22:33:33 »
well what a difference a day makes - gorgeous sunshine all day.  Managed to plant 41 potatoes (10 charlotte and 31 rocket), get a bit of digging / weeding done and some sowed some melons too.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 23:03:34 »
BST almost here... my lotties are over the back fence so I'm able to potter for half an hour after work but soon proper light not just at the weekends. You have my sympathy Purple footed Marge, can I have some as I have pulled muscles in my back. At leats my OH likes digging!
 :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal