Author Topic: Home Made Liquid Manure  (Read 6801 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Re: Home Made Liquid Manure
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 15:36:18 »
I've got a comfrey butt and a grass cutting butt on my lotties! I did have a nettle one in the greenhouse but my father-in-law FORCED me to tip it away!!!

Do you have to dilute the feed then Manics? Didn't know that. Thanks for the hint  :)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 15:52:43 »
We make masses of comfrey "tea" every year - bl***y stuff comes up all over the plot and the roots go yards deep, so we reckon that by cutting it down and making fertilizer out of it we're killing two birds with one stone.

But boy, does it stink!!!!

Never tried horse poo. We've got a stables on-site so there's a great mountain of the stuff to barrow away. During the winter, the liquid from the heap runs away, mainly onto the nearby plot, where Dennis grows the most amazing runner beans, so there's obviously something in it. Might try making some this year.

Trevor

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 18:27:01 »
I've got a comfrey butt and a grass cutting butt on my lotties! I did have a nettle one in the greenhouse but my father-in-law FORCED me to tip it away!!!

Do you have to dilute the feed then Manics? Didn't know that. Thanks for the hint  :)

dilute it to a weak tea colour, depends on how you like your tea, I suppose  ;D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 19:12:09 »
For years I used to trudge the fields and moors with my F-in-L collections sheep dumps.
We'd put it in an onion sack when we got home, poured boiling water over it to kill the nasties then put it, bag'an all into an old milk churn and top it up with water and leave it for months. Made my tom's shoot up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal