Author Topic: why have the big DIY stores disc the cheap sheds???  (Read 945 times)

spaf69

• Not So New ...
why have the big DIY stores disc the cheap sheds???
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:10:20 »
Hi
just want to have a rant about all the major DIY stores, all I am after is a cheap 6x4 shed, you could get loads of them last year and they seem to be discontinuing them this year.
I have phoned up B&Q they told me they had their £89 sheds in store or we could order one in for you  when we went to get one/order one I was told "ooh no they have all been discontinued and we won't be stocking them again but we do have one for £170" same with homebase and focus except dearer.

sorry for my rant but has any one got any ideas where I can get a cheap shed for my allotment. I tried freecycle and ebay but either they aren't being listed or the bidding on ebay is too much.
thank you for allowing my rant I feel very satisfied and happy now :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: why have the big DIY stores disc the cheap sheds???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 21:56:29 »
To be honest, Spaf, the sheds on DIY offers are rubbish. If you get 5 years out of them you'll be lucky.
Get hold of some plans, some decent T&G boards and build your own, it's not that big a task. It'll last you a lifetime with only minor maintenance.

Nelson

• Quarter Acre
  • Worthing, West Sussex
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 13:28:39 »
I got my shed for £1 from the Friday-Ad.  Check it out online at www.friday-ad.co.uk
My allotment blog Plot326.  In it's infancy at the mo but in time it'll grow.

spaf69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 13:59:05 »
hi thanks have checked out friday ad one in there for £40 just waiting for them to get back to us.

would like to have a hand built one but as my hubby can explain and usually has great fun telling everyone my DIY skills are non existent and he isn't very good with wood give him metal, eletrics, water, plastering etc brilliant ask him to do something with wood disasters and the kids learn new wordsand the like usually follows.

cheers for the advice.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal