Author Topic: My squash collection  (Read 1721 times)

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
Re: My squash collection
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 21:39:28 »
Thanks J - will try again this year

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:34 »
Jeannine ... wow ... wow ... and wow !!  ;D  Wish I had two plots too so I could grow more that I do too  :D

Think I may also have one that you don't have shall go check it out !! ;)

But please tell me,  which do you use for what ??

If you were to pick just one for each specific purpose which would they be?

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 18:12:22 »
Hi I don't grow any for particular purposes.  I grow very little summer saqush  , just a few bushes.After that I grow them truthfully beacause I enjoy it,The variations aee tremendous and they are beautiful. I use many for decorations in the house, a basket of assorted ones goes to a harvest festival,I share them with friends, and I eat them.I do make  pumpkin pies, one a traditional one and one a cheesecake type with a ginger crust smothered in cream , so I do grow ones that rae better for pies. Most of the pumpkins are not actually. The huge big ones are not much use. There are varieties that are superb for pie. There are variations in taste  , teaxture and keeping ability just as there are in potatoes and tomatoes.

Most of all I just have to grow them. If I find a new one I just  have to give it a go.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal