Author Topic: Not Very happy  (Read 1879 times)

Spookyville

• Acre
  • Freezing in West Yorshire...
    • downtheplot
Not Very happy
« on: March 14, 2007, 00:31:08 »
We put our names down on the list for 2 sites here in Sunny Bradford in eary 2006. told we were 10th on each list. Got a letter confirming we were on the list.

Called the council last September time to enquire about where we were on the list etc and was told we were 2nd on each of the lists.

Still not heard anything so called them again last week. Enquired about where we were and was told our names were not on the list at all. Told them the story and the info we had (and I had a letter proving we were put ont he list from them) She went to look at files and said oh yes, I see don't know why you are not on it. Blamed the previous guy who had now left.
Requested a letter confirming where we were and then acknowledge their mistake in writing and to put us back onto the list from when the original letter was dated.  So now from supposedly 2nd on each site last Sept to now 1st and 5th.

So we ar enot happy bunnies at the moment  >:(

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Not Very happy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:53:29 »
Keep pestering, go to the allotment sites, if you see any that are not in use tell the council. Do it monthly, they will be glad to get you off their backs. See your local councillor and tell him about their lack of organisation. If he is worth his salt he will get you a site in no time.

machman5

• Half Acre
  • South Essex
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:28:03 »
I was told after 2 years waiting that I was finally next on the list.  I rang every month or so after this until one day got told "Oh, it's a shame you didn't ring an hour ago, I've just offered one to a lady although she has got to confirm it yet!"  >:(
I went mad, and demanded that it gets sorted out, sure enough 'the lady' didn't get back and I got the plot  ;D.  Just goes to show, 'the list' is meaningless.
Keep on nagging and good luck!
Donna
I smile because I have no idea whats going on!!

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:40:12 »
I only got my allotment by going round every site in our area to see which plots where empty then ringing the council every week.

One thing that bugs me on our plot is that the guy next door has taken the allotment at the other side of his without permission and without paying rent and he only goes down there around three times a year, this bugs me more because just yesterday while I was down there two people came down wanting allotments.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal