Author Topic: March A4A Raffle  (Read 2175 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
March A4A Raffle
« on: March 13, 2007, 18:35:14 »
I have a prize for the March raffle but feel it's a bit inappropriate at the moment with the request for donations to a more worthwhile cause this month.
Don't panic....just hang-on a while.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: March A4A Raffle
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 13:03:46 »
I've never joined the raffle before - how does it work?

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 13:15:27 »
Same here OliveOil - not noticed either  ???

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 13:50:42 »
It's not a high tech complicated thing. I started it in December with an idea of helping - in a small way -  A4A. Basically it runs like this.
I put a pic of something I donate, here on the site. December was one of my home-crafted walking companions, January was the 'Which? Gardening' book, February was 2 gardening books (next to no support that month!) Anyone interested bought a ticket(s) at £1 each. At the end of the month all the ticket numbers go into my walk-about-in-the-woods hat and one is pulled out. (Witnessed). That person receives the prize.
There is nothing more to pay apart from the cost of the ticket(s). Any profit is forwarded to Dan to help with the site.
Anyone wanting tickets just let's me know, I then send a PayPal request for the amount. When the transaction is confirmed I issue ticket numbers. That's really all there is to it.
One month so far has been quite well supported but books don't seem as popular as the walking companions for some reason. Maybe 'cos books aren't as unique!
This month there was a request to members for something far more important than the raffle so I didn't/haven't actually started one this month as yet, but the raffle is still alive and well and will pop-up when you're not watching....!

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 13:52:20 »
what washe request for something far more important?

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 16:11:42 »
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 16:35:28 »
no, it was sunday when I made that post lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal