Author Topic: Night Time Gardening Hat  (Read 2997 times)

Ozzy aka Pothead

Night Time Gardening Hat
« on: May 10, 2004, 17:41:55 »
Yo peeps

For this you will need 1 old football some string or shoelaces and a torch....

!st cut the football in half, then make a divot thang in top for torch to rest in..... then secure torch with sting or the shoelaces... and there u go.... stick it on yer head and away you go hands free slug patrol... meself I went for the old orange rubbery footballs as they has a lil stretch in them.... but any good sized ball would do... cept a tennis ball... tennis ball might work if u has ur head shrunk.. but is it worth all that trouble for the sake of a few bob?  is it now.... is it?
and apart from the obvious, just think on... cuz ifs u does gets ur head shrrunk... then dont go complaining to me that u is always getting stopped by traffic pigs cus you looks just like a fetus joy rider just out to cause havoc ::) ::) ::)

if this only prevents one peep from having their head shrunk cuz they is just toooo tight fisted to buy a normal sized football then this thread would have done what it set out to do.... think before you shrink  :o :o :o :o

Babble and a wtf alert

Ozzy

8) :-* ;) ::) :P :-* 8) :o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 17:43:15 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
Re:Night Time Gardening Hat
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 18:31:41 »
Hi Oz,

Great to see you again.  However, although I didn't need to go quite to those lengths, definitely recommend night time slug hunts, works wonders!  ;D
Muddy Boots

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 19:21:19 »
Don't care about the hat/slugs/light just the idea of a foetus joyriding had me in kinks!! Cheers Ozzy.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 20:11:59 »
Glad to see you're back with your Babble !
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 00:26:57 »
Where you been babbling lately man?????

Haven't seen you around for a while!!  

Eileen

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 11:13:06 »
Yo Oz - really cheered me up. Thanks mate! ;D
gone to pot :D

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 17:14:20 »
Yo peeps

Health and safety is alwayz me toppo priority so it is  :o :o :o

Now I know us horticulturalists are a bunch (yeah i know big dead longy word tsk tsk  ::) ..) of waste not want notters and ifs we can scrimp and save then we will do so.... but please please please for your own safety... please use a torch.. a battery operated one.. yes i know why not just hook half football hat up to the mains and scrimp with low energy lightbulb, but really it is very dangerous and ifs u is gonna do it.. then make sure that your electrician is a corgi registered one and not one of those far fetched uncorgi ones. ... blinking blonking cowboys tsk tsk tsk .. and finally.... there may be some of yoooze has been contemplating just making a wee hole in the top of yer half a football so you can  just push a candle through, and then place a jam jar on top.. yes in theory is all well and good, but I found that the hot candle wax dripping down the side of yer face just a little bit toooo uncomftable.....  and to be quite honest... it does look a tad silly to boot.. using a BATTERY operated torch is so much more "Terminator" like when u steps out in the dusk... both hand free and the slugs just know its curtains when that beam..... nay...... not beam...... floodlight... traps them .. and they are just tooo much in a state of enstartlement to leg it...  is nice slug patrol with two hands it is...... aint usiing nowt for slugs this year... jsut me and me scissors on a stick ... is good scissors on a stick method, and wihen i find the blueprints will post the dimensions and the assembly protocols to yoooze all ASAP, and try and not to get all techno about it.....

babble on the horizon

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 17:23:57 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 19:26:06 »
When I was "gainfully employed" some people always voted for office outings to go Paintballing  :o  Not For Me but your version of night time slug hunting sounds like a group group activity where I could really work my aggressions out ;D

state of enstartlement
  I love it, keep them coming, Ozzy!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 19:30:10 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal