Author Topic: Frustrated with round cucumbers!!  (Read 1246 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Frustrated with round cucumbers!!
« on: March 09, 2007, 18:43:24 »
Acouple of years ago I bought a some cuke plants as I missed sowing them for some reason,thye were supposed to All female Pepitas, They were not.

They were oval to round and yellow and prickly and they were very good.

I have attemped to buy seeds like them bit is not as easy as it sounds.I have had some back ordered for weeks from one company and am running out of time.

I have found  mention of Crystal Apple,is this different to Apple.
I have found  mention Crystal Lemon  too,is this different to Lemon,

or are the 4 above all the same thing.

I have bought Sunsweet F1 and they are growing  but I would like to grow the ones above too as I want to be sure to get the one I accidently bought so a trial seems in order.

Does anyone know  if they are in fact the same or different, and does anyone have any first hand experience with all of them  if they are in fact 5 different types.

Lastly can anyone share a few seeds with me of  whichever  they have so I can do my trial, I am sure I can find something of interest to swap back.

Thank you XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Re: Frustrated with round cucumbers!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 19:09:09 »
Jeannine can't help but I have the round lemon type, want seeds??

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 19:11:05 »
Do they have a name on so I can find them again if it is the right one, if so yes please. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 19:25:02 »
As fr as I know, Crystal Apple and Crystal Lemon cucumbers are the same thing. Sunsweet must be different as it's an F1 variety, although it looks pretty similar. I have a few Crystal Apple seeds if you would like to try them?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 19:43:14 »
I also have Boothbys Blond and White wonder which are more sausage shaped than spherical...
 ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 22:50:02 »
Deb P, that would be great I think the only way will be to try them all, what can I give you in return? I will PM you XX Jeannine

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 23:27:50 »
I have grown both crystal apple and crystal lemon, and to me they are one and the same. 

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 08:31:36 »
Teh seeds I have ar from Baker Creek and just say Lemon!! but the pic on the front is just like you desribe them, I'll pop them in with the other seeds I'm sending XX

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal