Author Topic: Can it get any worse  (Read 3756 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: Can it get any worse
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2007, 18:24:14 »
Richard, my thoughts are with you and your family. You sound as if you had a very good relationship with your Dad, and although in a way, that makes his passing harder, at least you have something to hold onto, a love you both share and his memory will always live on in your lottie.
Em x
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 21:15:13 »
Dear Richard.

I am so sorry to hear of your very tragic news, his photo that you shared told a thousand stories.

All i can do is to to tell you is that i understand.

Hearing your Dads last words to you about planting his potatoes actually made me smile and i think it will give you comfort and will often bring a little grin to your face in time to come, to know your Dads last thoughts.

I lost my Mum almost five years to the day. She lived next door  but one to me but was on holiday in Scotland when her time came very suddenly.
Her last conversation with me was when she rang me from Scotland the day before she died, and shared with me how she had been looking at some snowdrops peering up from the snow and how beautiful they were.

Every day i pass her own garden, which of course has since been sold on. But she left me the best legacy, and i still have the pleasure of watching her planting appear every year.
The first day her bulbs appear make me sad  :'( (particularly the snowdrops :'()
But then i watch the daffodils and tulips bob about in the wind and I smile as i still have something of my dear old Mum.

God bless you Richard. You will never get over the loss of your Father, but you will learn in time, to deal with it and remember all that he has given you xxxxx
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 21:17:46 by honeybee »

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 23:08:24 »
Richard, so sorry to hear your sad news.

Thinking of you.
Michelle x

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 18:35:42 »
Sorry to hear of your loss Richard, like Honeybee and many of us it brought a smile to my face hearing you planted you dads  spuds, look after yourself Richard.
         Kevin
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal