Author Topic: Deacon road lottie  (Read 2092 times)

Zippy Seale

• Half Acre
  • Laughing all the way to the plot
    • The Cherry Tree Plot
Deacon road lottie
« on: March 04, 2006, 23:54:36 »
I was up the lottie today and as it was late and suuny, took a pic looking down my plot,

you can see how far the lottie extends at the top of the pic, and there are 40 10 rod plots to the left and 55 to the right of the shot.
you can just see the second of the two flat beds wuth a fork sticking up a 1/3rd of the way down the pic.  the darlek is on the ridge and you cannot see the last 1/3 of the plot as it steeply falls away. The bramble mass behind it is actually 40 ft away.
 I am going to plant the single fruit trees there.
Each of the boxed beds have drainpipes leading into the next bed, down the slope.  So washed out nutrients are not wasted.
the oranage box was dug to 2 1/2 ft- 3 ft down and then all the soil in the box was sieved and returned. this is my carrot and parsnip bed. I also added 4 bags of sharp sand in the top 6-8 inches. with the plastic pipes, 2 inch and 6 inch, I should get a foot above the soil and so get some nice straight veg.
The pink box bed had the soil again sieved and  a layer of 14 inches of rotted manure added.
this was tilled and turned regularly to give a good structure. This is for marrows and squashes.
the red bed is my raised seedling bed, though I will intercrop with salads.  the purple third has been manured and will grow more hungry seedlings, and salad crops.
The dark square is actually 12 x 10 is where my green house will be sited, and the light green will be Aparagus and Rhubarb beds.
The plot to the right of where I am standing has become vacant this backs on to my other plot to the left and is alot flatter. I have got to wait 6 weeks and then I can have it....:D. 
I am going to erect polytunnel and another greenhouse that I can have for nothing...love freebies.  It also is next to the top entrance so moving the manure will be easier than walking down thin uneven paths.
they say it wouldn't grow.....ha

The Cherry Tree Plot

Art of Sowing

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
Re: Deacon road lottie
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 00:21:48 »
someones gone at your plot with powder paint by the looks of it.....bloody vandals  ;D

Zippy Seale

• Half Acre
  • Laughing all the way to the plot
    • The Cherry Tree Plot
Re: Deacon road lottie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 11:06:46 »
;D....it's the way you tell them..... ;D
they say it wouldn't grow.....ha

The Cherry Tree Plot

Art of Sowing

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal