Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 66701 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2008, 20:00:03 »
good evening to all hope every one is well and enjoying life?
we went to see my mum and dad yesterday as dad had got me some chickens and mt daughter and her mate who happens to be male and gay came with us we walked in and i said this is daughters friend and mum was eyeing him up with that look is he going to look after her look and should i buy a hat look you know the sort of look I'm on about  :-\ :-\ when they had gone into the other room i told mum that he was gay and she said (bless her) yes he does look a happy young man i just had to smile but told her when we were leaving not to get her hopes up as the young happy man likes boys oh my god i have never seen my mum speechless before it was so funny I'm still awaiting the phone call. I will fill you in when i get it....... 
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2008, 23:07:23 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #502 on: August 16, 2008, 14:12:20 »
My late Mother in law used to come out with stpid remarks.  When she was in Crete on Holiday,, she said to her Brother.  'Isn't it a pity the family don't see the same sun as us'  ::)  many many more like that.  A notebook was used to write down all her silly quotes.  I must ry and find that.

;D ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #503 on: August 16, 2008, 14:20:43 »
To my mother all birds were "he" - even when laying eggs  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #504 on: September 28, 2008, 19:27:22 »

Bumping this one too.

Lovely place to chat and air your feelings.

Gee I am fed up of looking at blooming boxes.

Although we are not going for some time we are packing and sorting.

Lots to sell. give away etc so packing what is being shipped in the easiest way to get organised.

We have done exactly 20 packing crates in the last few days and we are both bushed .. and that was just the craft supplies,  books ,the seed collection and my baking tins and pans.

I have such a huge collection of baking tins but I can't part with them. This will be the third time by Crackenbouche  cone has crossed the Atlantic, and do I really need a full 6 piece set of petal shaped, heart shaped, square, oval, round cake tins.. I never did get the horseshoes.

But I just love baking equipment, so what do I do.

Pans are just the same,all the copper and Le Creuset, weighs a ton but I can't part with it.

Thank goodness  it doesn't go on weight.

I have to ask myself..do I really need a fish kettle anymore..no of course not..but it is there waiting in the heap to be packed.

Then there are the Cherished Teds.. dare not even admit how many, and the collector plates.John's  Rupert Bear collection, or the Gollies that share the room with Rupert..just can't part.

I think I must be mad.

How do you change the habits of a lifetime?

Thought of selling some stuff on e bay but prices are so low I can't do it.It would break my heart.

We have been lucky with the lottie stuff though, the rotavators went straight away and the man taking our raised bed lottie  paid us for the greenhouses etc. Mind you it is full of fruit bushes and stuff  so he is very happy.

We are also eating our way through a packed freezer, rule is what the hand touches first is what we eat.. didn't work tonight though..a rather disguting haggis.

I am not shipping my canning/bottling jars though. I figure they will go.

Well I guess this is a diary of my packing progress.. all ideas very welcome.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #505 on: September 28, 2008, 21:29:51 »
Jeannine, have you thought about putting them on the e bygumbay on here?

Maybe you would get better prices from like minded people who would appreciate the value of your items?

Just a thought.

No good trying to sell the haggis now. We all know it is awful ;D

cj :)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #506 on: September 28, 2008, 21:31:05 »
Oh, and pray tell, what is a  Crackenbouche  cone  ?? :-X

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #507 on: September 28, 2008, 21:34:59 »
didn't the Hairy Bi(a)ckers make onea few weeks ago?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #508 on: September 29, 2008, 00:41:44 »
It is metal cone , mine is abour 20 inches high, Using profiteroles filled with flavoured cream, stacked with the help of the cone and fastened together  carefully with sugar syrup, the mould is carefully removed.

I then decorate mine with spun sugar cascading from the top, add a cascading ribbon and top with a decorative orchid or something like that. Sometimes I deotate in the joins too.

Very impressive, not difficult, delicious and not expensive.. but looks like it should be.

I will try to find you a picture.

If you like eclairs you will like this dessert.

XX Jeannine

Can't do the picture it seems my privelige has gone and I didn't know
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 00:48:37 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #509 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59:58 »
Mmmmmm. I want one :P

You know how to make a girl jealous. We'll have to arrange a mass 'A4A to Jeannine's for tea' day   ;D ;)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #510 on: November 12, 2008, 16:26:06 »
I'm feeling a little full.  Just finished my lunch at work which consisted of two primula & cuke sarnies, a bag of low fat crisps, a small bowl of grapes, a yoghurt and rounded off with a chocolate muffin and a carton of blackcurrant capri-sun.  Oh, and my boss brought in some fresh shortbread cookies and I had two.  I feel I may have slightly overdone it today .... blagh  ;D ;D

As you can tell, I'm hard at work here.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #511 on: April 20, 2009, 19:10:58 »
Has Jeannine hoofed it to Canada?????

GOOD EVENING ALL YOU GENERAL CHITTER-CHATTERERS!

WHAT HAVE I MISSED??  ;D :)

I've been 'dormant' like a bear with a sore house  ;) But now the sun is back I'm feeling chipper and ready to plant a million beans  ;D

Spent a lovely day today with Ahmed (my neighbour) who told me all about his childhood in Pakistan. Blooming fascinating! AND he donated one of his greenhouses to me to grow excess cumbers, toms and possibly melons in! And some spare land for the millions of cabbages I have.

Actually, it's not his greenhouse OR his land, it's his nephew's but he assures me it will be ABSOLUTELY FINE  ;D

FEED ME WITH GOSSIP!!!!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #512 on: April 20, 2009, 19:56:16 »
Oh dear. I've only been back 24 hrs and I'm in the middle of an argument. Shall I go?

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #513 on: April 20, 2009, 20:18:59 »
hey trixiebelle, where you been? have you been unwell

dont go, you just got back here

lbb

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #514 on: April 20, 2009, 20:21:19 »
Great to see you back Trixie, missed your chatter BIG TIME.  I bowed out of her a few weeks back until I read that bl**** piece about the snake, my blood got up .  Please stay a while and I may stay too.

;)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #515 on: April 20, 2009, 20:30:20 »
Hi LLB! Yes ... unwell in the 'head' department  ::) I'm not very good over the winter but when Spring comes I'm more or less back to 'abnormal'!

Carol! Let's stay a while  ;D

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #516 on: April 20, 2009, 20:39:29 »
Here's a thread I can join without feeling like too much of a fraud on A4A.  Sowing and planting I've not done an awful lot of yet this year, but I can chitter chatter with the best of 'em.  :D
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #517 on: April 20, 2009, 20:51:37 »
Great to see (?) you trixiebelle!! Feed us please with some tales of the home front. Funny thing, I was cleaning up my 'favourites' list last week and had a look in at My Dog Barks at Lemons and ended up at 'Two Soups'.
If you ever need a laugh that has to be it. It is soooo very silly and I love it. Thank you. ;D ;D ;D
Off to look at the snake thingy, I did have input, no doubt there is now a vipers nest. ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #518 on: April 20, 2009, 23:23:55 »
Just spent far too long reading this thread - not all of it will have to dip in - it's fab, I will totally have mad mother things to add.  I really miss my Nan who died a few years ago, she was always saying funny things. 

years ago we went to stay with some fairly well of rellys.  they had a lovely house which my nan was very impressed with.  In the morning she got up and went into their walk in shower.  A few minutes later there was a scream of laughter from my nan and her sister my great aunt disGrace.  My nan had got into the shower and thought 'Bloody hell they are so posh they have carpet in their shower ................then she looked down and realised she'd got in with her slilppers on ..............................

Laugh?......I nearly bought me own drink!!

Lushy x

Make mine a large one!

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #519 on: April 21, 2009, 09:45:02 »
What a fantastic thread beautiful and bonkers at the same time! Just been reading a few bits and Trixibelle, Ahmed sounds a gem  :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal