Author Topic: Had a shock today  (Read 1952 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Had a shock today
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:25 »
Ooooh Rosebud, just keep thinking how lucky you were. I was in a nail salon a while back and the person sitting nearest the door had her bag nicked by an opportunist thief who dashed in, grabbed bag from the floor beside her and legged it. They just seem to be everywhere. Hope you are feeling better today.
Smile, it confuses people.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 14:27:24 »
I was robbed of nearly £100 pounds a few years ago in Birmingham rag market. It was when I used to sew for a living. I used to plough back any earnings into materials. I was leaning over the stall looking at some lace and I felt someone lean on me. I thought they were trying to get a closer look at something. I went to move my shoulder bag round to the front of me and found it open and my purse gone. Tony had been behind me and he said that no-one had left the counter, There were two old ladies directly behind me and Ithough nah it couldn't have been them. Iw as buying a bum bag the next week and was telling the stall holder what had happened and she said that I would be surprised at just how many old people steal purses in the rag market. I sometimes think I'm in the wrong business. I'm pleased that you managed to keep your purse. I'm always very careful now.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 22:26:25 »
Ooh, Shirl, I used to live in Brum - can't tell you how much I miss the raggie!!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 07:57:51 »
I haven't been up town since they altered it. Must be about 6 or 7 years now. I loved it the way it was.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 10:57:05 »

Sorry to hear you went through this Rosebud,it must have been awful  :o it's a sad world that you can't even go shopping now without a worry.
Glad she didn't get your purse. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal