Author Topic: Bride's Veil  (Read 2444 times)

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
Bride's Veil
« on: May 02, 2004, 15:15:46 »
I've got a climer called 'Bruid Sluier' in Dutch translated as above, it has long pointed flowers [when in bloom] the same shape as tiny Wisteria, it has gone mad already but I have just noticed it's full of lice, little grey ones and as I don't have any spray and the shops are shut does anyone have any ideas using something from the cupboard under the sink.  It has every cleaning agent known to man!

Thanks Chezzie   ???

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:Bride's Veil
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 17:27:39 »
Don't want to be responsible for killing off your plant but wouldn't the usual weak mix of washing-up liquid and water sprayed on be of help?  I'm no expert tho!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 11:03:59 »
Thanks Wicker I've just done it, so I'll let you know!  sorry about the late reply but I've been rushed off my feet. [they've had babies as well now!]

Chezzie

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 21:05:22 »
Chezzie: Is it Bridal wreath? If not, then do you have more detail, like the latin?

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 21:11:26 »
Sorry Ken I don't know, it's very well known here but only as Brides Veil, there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference after spraying the washing up liquid solution maybe it was a bit weak. ???  I'll try the garden center tomorrow but the roads up and it's a nightmare to get there.

Thanks Chezzie

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 22:22:08 »
Living in Belgium, I do know your translation is spot on, but my brain and my books don't point me in the right direction. Got a pic or more info?

Chezzie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 22:35:15 »
I'll take one tomorrow Ken but it's not in flower..............my photographic skills are nothing to write home about, so I'm not sure if you will be any the wiser!  Thanks....Chezzie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal