Author Topic: Wildlife-friendly gardening - a general guide  (Read 3220 times)

cdchater

• Quarter Acre
Wildlife-friendly gardening - a general guide
« on: September 04, 2003, 19:10:56 »
Hello

Just for info - I work for English Nature and they offer the above free guide for Wildlife-friendly gardening. It includes practical ideas on how to make ponds, wildlifemeadows, marshland and other tips on wildlife-friendly gardening. You can even download this guide from the internet. Just go to http://www.english-nature.org.uk/pubs/publication and type in 'wildlife friendly gardening' in the keyword search box. There are also many more free publications available (such as Plants for wildlife-friendly gardens, Help save the Bumblebee...get more buzz from your garden and many more!!) Just type in 'garden' in the keyword search box.

Hope it's helpful for all those wildlife friendly lottie holders!

Regards,
cd
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

ruth_daniels

Re: Wildlife-friendly gardening - a general guide
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 11:57:11 »
Hi cdchater,

Thanks for that I'm going to have a look later. I do allways try to garden with nature in mind and have had great sucess this year with Verbena B. from seed the butterflies are loving it at the moment so nice to see......I saw my first Holly Blue this year so it does have it's rewards,allthough whether that was weather conditions or my planting I'm not too sure !!

It must be so nice to have a job like yours,doing something that you love as well.

Talking of jobs I'm off to peg out the washing before it rains,mind you we could do with it couldn't we ?

Best wishes Ruth.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal