Author Topic: pump adequate for supplying a downhill stream  (Read 2407 times)

Spookyville

• Acre
  • Freezing in West Yorshire...
    • downtheplot
pump adequate for supplying a downhill stream
« on: June 10, 2007, 20:48:37 »
can anyone recommend a pond pump that can pump water approx 25-30ft up uphill (prbably 3-5ft in height) looking to create a stream running downhill to my fish(less at the mo) pond. the water would come out into a smallish pool which would then drain off into the wildlife pond at one siude and into the stream down to the fishpond as well.

its a new project I will be starting before the end of the year hopefully  ;D

Andy H

• Hectare
Re: pump adequate for supplying a downhill stream
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 20:27:57 »
depends on width of stream really and how much flow you want.
The height is the main thing or what they call "the head"5ft would slow any pump but I guess a 2000gph pump would still create a good flow.

I broke something ealier on the UV so pump is temp just flowing into pond and I just went out and lifted the pipe to 5ft and I didnt notice much slowing, in fact I gat water everyewhere.....!

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:28:18 »
Aquamax 10000 amazing pumps and they never die

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 19:30:52 »
i agree with ishard the aquamax are fantastic pumps and will handle solid particles upto 10mm in diameter so it takes a lot to block them up and they have no prefilers to slow down the flow of water through the pump as it becomes cloged with detritis.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal