Author Topic: Free rabbit control to all allotment holders  (Read 13874 times)

Nots so bad lad

• Not So New ...
Free rabbit control to all allotment holders
« on: January 31, 2007, 14:38:51 »
;Hello just to remind you i am still here willing to travel fair distance to shoot or Ferret your rabbits i am 41 years old no kid any more ;D I use quick humane methods pre silenced air rifle fully insured public liability to tune of 5 million pounds with the basc,i can do them with ferrets as well clears them out quick also before long they will be breeding like rabbits ;D so contact me on here or pk014i8385@ blueyonder.co.uk
All yorkshire areas  and  may be Lancashire  areas  covered. I can skin em for you as well. ;)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Free rabbit control to all allotment holders
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 23:21:26 »
Here in my area of the UK, rabbits are not available for sale.
The reason - parasite of the spine.
Any comment?
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:23:24 »
can you do rats in NE lincolnshire?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 12:57:23 »
ooo what do you fancy olive oil...rat risotto?  ;D ;) :P

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 17:19:55 »
Do you deal with human vandals as well???????????????
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:37:23 »
Here in my area of the UK, rabbits are not available for sale.
The reason - parasite of the spine.
Any comment?

New one to me and can't find anything on the web about it.  Which part of the UK and is it farmed or wild rabbits or both?

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:47:07 »
bear in mind the allotment holder doesnt have the right to shoot or give permission to shoot on their plot. This will go back to the land owner not the association or council.

without permission the insurance is not valid. Dont know how this applies to ferrets.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:22:52 »
My view is that this is a VERY irresponsible posting and I wish it wasn't here  >:(

I accept that rabbits are a nuisance and shooting is one way of controlling them in open places and on farmland. However you are advertising your 'discreet' service on allotments  ???

Try it round here mate and The Plod'll be on your back in double-quick time with possibly 'lotmenteers and their families helping by making a Citizen's Arrest.

Now, I don't have an allotment or marauding rabbits in my garden, but the thought of someone like you who is crass enough to think that firing bullets in what is, essentially, a family environment is an OK thing to do just leads me on to another thought.....

perhaps JRP was right after all? :o

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:30:52 »
Alishka, hands or feet ... ? :D

Derek
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 10:45:36 »
trigger finger?

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 10:47:11 »
I am 100% behind what Alishka, has just said, you should not be advertising on here about killing anything.  We all know that rabbits can be a nuisance is that a good reason to kill  there are plenty of humans that are a bloody nuisance do we do the same????. Sad that you need to do such a thing to fill your life space up.

Nots so bad lad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 19:05:27 »
:)fortunally  not all people are narrow minded like some of you people i am controlling a small holding at the moment where rabbits are causing untold damage and the two ladies are more than glad for me to be their every thing they grow is eaten or damaged ,holes and tunnels every where no good for horses and live stock  un til you have suffered first hand from vermin best keep your mouths shut also bullets will not be flying round any where legal  limit air rifles are used with silencers all control is done discreetly with land owner permission and full public liability insurance to the tune of 5 million pounds most farmers and land owners are very grateful i am their saving them money and doing a valuable job

Free  of charge, rabbit tastes very nice pot roasted with vegeatables and is free range ;D 

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 19:37:13 »
think you missed the point there NSBL. I think they were saying the confines of an allotment aren't the place to be shooting air rifles. You never know whats behind the target, thru a fence or whose kids (or more importantly greenhouse) may catch a ricochet.

Slightly different to a small holding.

and before you moan - I shoot myself (that is I shoot air rifles (at vermin) not inflict pain on myself)

As for the insurance (which I also have) it may be up to 5 million. But you try explaining to someone whose eye you have taken out that there may be a few quid in it for them.

Finally "narrow minded" is what I'd reserve for people advertising shooting on allotments - it wont take many more reported incidents to bring about a total ban.

GLOW >:(

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 19:50:13 »
Thanks Glow 8)

Are you understanding what we are saying now, laddie and what, certainly my, actual concerns are?

.....I really need to clarify this just in case either I've got it wrong or you've not expressed yourself too well.

Are you offering this service to individual plot holders on allotments, or
are you offering this to allotment societies where the Committees will canvass their members and make arrangements for the whole site to be cleared while the cull takes place?

Thanks.

Nots so bad lad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 20:25:27 »
Seems certain people are getting excited free discreet service using pre-silenced air rifle to all allotment and land owners ,Allotments come in all shape and sizes and are sited in rural and urban areas most rabbit activity is at night time or early morning  pre -silenced rifle or Ferreting is a humane quick way of controlling them. Common sense is used eg Landowner gives written permission for me to control pest s and what methods and time i am allowed on also if lamping buggy's police will be informed i am there.If there are people on a allotment with a rabbit problem this is what i am offering free of charge .
Hope you now understand  :) I have many calls from small farms to plant nurseries ,Small holdings and allotments and as i my  self have a allotment understand the problems  caused by pests.
Thanks for  your time  :)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 21:23:31 »
i think excited is perhaps the wrong word, but certainly this is a very sensitive area.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Nots so bad lad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 21:37:29 »
Very sensitive land owners and farmers who livelihood is being destroyed.
Your entitled to your say thats what democracy is all about is it not.
Also this is the pest and diesease section where people are asking for help? ;)Not for putting people down with sarcasm ;)
Can talk about controlling Fox's if you like then again :)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 21:52:17 »
just adding a demension to the discussion is all. 8)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 17:38:46 »
not all people are narrow minded like some of you / un til you have suffered first hand from vermin best keep your mouths shut
Whilst I don't agree with everyone's points, I do think you need to take a more pleasant tone. I was going to see if you sold the wabbits on as I have a fairly empty freezer at the moment, but would be reluctant to deal with someone that didn't address some of the concerns people had raised on here. 'Keep your mouths shut' is not a helpful response!

Shooting and allotments are not really an appropriate combination, IMHO.

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 10:59:23 »
do you have a cut off point for clearing rabbits? in this mild weather there will be does with a nest of kits underground needing feeding.
dont get me wrong, i am a bunny lover extraordinare but i do understand that in places they need to be culled. just as spring approaches and does are producing kittens to me is not the right time to be doing so :(
pest or not, nothing should be left to starve underground.
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal