Author Topic: Last ditch appeal for help with Mac  (Read 1291 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
Last ditch appeal for help with Mac
« on: January 31, 2007, 13:48:38 »
Hello :)

I dont know if anyone here will be able to help, but I'll ask anyway. My Apple emac froze and wouldnt start back up, even when I used all the key over ride thingys that I found on various info. Computer fix it man said it was dead, but could retrieve my files for £80. The price went up to £120 , but he said that the job was done. I was desperate for the files so was just greatful to get them back.

Turns out, he had put the hard drive into a hard drive case, and sent it back. It wont work on Mac or PC. We went back to him today and he just said that it must be that the hard drive is dead, so he cant do anything  and he wont give a refund as its not his fault. Unfortunately, we didnt realise till now, that he hasnt given us a reciept :-[.

Does anyone know if

a. there is any way of reading these files?
b. is the Mac really dead, or was he just touting for a bit of quick business, and there is something I can do to get it working again (as long as he hasnt chopped it to bits to get the hard drive out)?

Sorry its such a long post :-\

cj :)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
Re: Last ditch appeal for help with Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 13:56:42 »
don't panic, there's a chance you can still recover your files!
the hard drive in my mac here at work died fairly recently and my boss was able to retrieve all the files. I can't remember exactly what he did, but I think he found a piece of retrieval software – he's out at lunch at the moment but I'll ask him and get back to you a bit later...

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 15:23:54 »
have just emailed you about it

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 15:53:20 »
Hello

that sounds like great news to me!! ;D ;D ;D

I havent had email yet. I will pm you with my email address incase there is a problem with the one on here.

Thanks

cj :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal