Author Topic: Strawberries  (Read 886 times)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Strawberries
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:02:30 »
Are they hard to germinate? I was really looking forward to strawberries in the coming year but my seeds haven't germinated at all.

They are in my plastic greenhouse sowed 2-3 weeks ago.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Re: Strawberries
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:22:02 »
I grew strawbs from seed last year and I seem to remember that they took quite a while.  I'd waited ages for them to germinate and in the meantime had decided to sow some in a lidded pot on some wet kitchen paper (like you do at primary school?) so I could actually see if anything was happening.  In the end I had about 50 little plants!  They were the alpine type.  What type are yours?
 :)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 13:03:10 »
They are Sarian F1.

I think reading the packet again it been a bit cold I think i'll bring them in an see if anything happens then or i'll be most dissappointed. I'm always a little to eager to get growing.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 13:13:26 »
I have planted a tray of alpine (misonette?) about 2 weeks ago and a few have started germinating. On the packet it said up to 30 days for germination. These are being kept indoors.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal