Author Topic: Allotment progress: November; starting to see the wood from the trees....  (Read 3841 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Time for beds...........I moved three of the rosemary bushes to the bed in front of the raised beds, and transplanted some clumps of chives I found growing in a bucket. Planted garlic and overwintering onions in the nearest two beds, had to use the mesh to keep the foxes off!

Pallets being used to make the raised bed edgings. The carpet in the foreground has been left ready to clear later, OH using it as a working area. The shrubs and flowers are about to be moved to the bed alongside the compost bins. The remaining rosemary bushes are moving to........

This is where the rosemary bushes will go, I built the wobbly brick path, much to OH's amusement! Some bricks are old and have deep 'frogs' I'm going to use as planting pockets for low growing herbs, so it should smell nice going in the greenhouse! I've put membrane down underneath the greenhouse after couch removal; not sure whether or not to have planting into the soil or keep in containers, or both!

Teenage daughter bribed encouraged to paint the raised bed edgings......

More to follow.... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Tulipa

• Hectare
I am really enjoying your postings, you have done so well and made so much progress, it is all looking fabulous! :)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Excellent progress considering the crap weather we have been having. ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
It's doing me good to look back at these photos too, you forget how much has been done when you've still got a huge 'to do' list!  It's the first time I've got them all together so it's nice to see the ideas I pored over on paper slowly evolving ( and having to be changed!)

You will notice the weather deteriorating in the photos as the posts go on! It was still quite sunny in October...... :(
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Realy good progress. Congratulations  :)

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
What a transformation. Well done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal