Author Topic: Allotment progress; October: getting stuck in.....  (Read 2924 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Allotment progress; October: getting stuck in.....
« on: January 19, 2007, 14:52:25 »
13 trips to the local dump later, the junk was removed (car suspension slightly dodgy after that!) anything that might be useful sorted out and stored away, and OH came and lifted the hotchpotch of paving slabs scattered around the plot. He built the path next to the compost bins, and we started marking out the graves raised beds on the right hand side of the plot.

Very simple layout; 12 raised beds made to fit the free 8' x 4' pallets we obtained from a local timberyard. Marked out with stakes, than bricks when we ran out! Started digging to get the couch out...long job! It was much worse at the front of the plot, where there had been bonfires before wasn't so bad.

OH rotovating in 4 bags of mushroom compost per bed; 50 bags were delivered on the wrong end of the allotments, car suspension strained further by moving them in batches! I am the mysterious shadow in the bottom right hand corner....

Just plonked the little greenhouse down on the left side of the plot, as I wanted to give my son who is very keen his own area in the wilder back bit for a den. No glass in it yet though, and all that gravel was bagged up for use elsewhere. The little pear tree is fruiting well, and you can just see the line of raspberries and some sage on the left.

More to follow.... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Allotment progress; October: getting stuck in.....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 17:46:48 »
Why has this one got no comments Deb? It's as good as the others... like the free pear tree!
 ;D

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 18:04:46 »
Looking good!

Louise
Grow yer bugger grow!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 21:17:57 »
Why has this one got no comments Deb? It's as good as the others... like the free pear tree!
 ;D

Dunno?! ;D

I think it's interesting some of my little series have more 'views' than other, I expect it's got to do with how people check for new messages?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:52:57 »
Yes  - by the time I looked at this one you were already on to January! By the way. congratulations on your superb work on the allotment.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 16:11:06 »
You should be proud Deb it looks brilliant. ;) ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal