Author Topic: Organic Gardening Catalogue order problems  (Read 1545 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Organic Gardening Catalogue order problems
« on: January 15, 2007, 18:39:07 »
Anyone else having problems with the Organic Garden Catalogue/Chase organics?
 My order arrived in double quick time but was incorrect, the invoice showed the correct order but the one of the two items in the box was wrong. Emails so far have had no effect they appear to not understand what I'm saying. When I phoned the woman on the phone only seemed to comprehend that I needed to send something back and that she would send 'free labels' which she mentioned about 6x but seemed to ignore my requests to send the missing items. However so far there has been no response, no sign of my black polythene or the 'freelabels' and no response to my other emails. I'm not impressed.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Organic Gardening Catalogue order problems
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 19:26:44 »
Oh dear Kea that's a shame  :( .

I ordered some garlic off them at the end of last year, and when it arrived about a third of the cloves were mouldy & therefore unuseable.  I emailed them and they replied promptly offering to replace it once further stocks had arrived.  They have since done this and I now have some spring planting garlic free of charge as recompense.  I would say that their emails weren't the chattiest or friendliest of emails but their service was good enough. 

All I would suggest is give them another ring and ask to speak to someone in charge I guess, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 21:13:48 »
Kea, I'm sorry to hear that. I have had nothing but excellent service from them.  I'm a member of Garden Organic so if the problem persists I'd be happy to take it up on your behalf.  Just PM me the details.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 22:23:51 »
Same goes Kea... never had a problem with them myself... but Marshalls on the other hand!!!!
 >:(

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 22:41:36 »
I ordered from them and Thompson and Morgan about 2 weeks ago. I recieved the T and M seeds 2 days later, but am still waiting for the Organic Catalogue order. Am going to ring them tomorrow to see if there is a problem.

cj :)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:51:40 »
Thanks for your support.
I did phone them. The woman I spoke to on the phone was rather vague and not really with it and she mumbled something about lots of problems with orders of this product that didn't inspire confidence.
I have ordered from them once before, a packet of white clover seed and it arrived very promptly and I don't think they charged postage for that. It's a week now since my incorrect order arrived, one of the problems maybe that it's correct on the invoice and someone has ticked the items off as though they have been checked....which clearly they haven't.

I've had problems with T&M who sent me rotten rhubarb crowns they were only in the post 24 hours so not Royal Mail's fault. They refunded me the cost of the crowns but the postage was almost as much at £4-99 which of course was not refunded.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:56:07 »
I have ordered many times from the Organic catalogue and can't fault them, sounds like you got very unlucky.
As for T&M, I have had a few hiccups but rarely order anything from them these days, they're a bit expensive IMHO

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 15:43:17 »
Well after contacting 5 times they have finally sorted the missing item problem. However they've failed to send the 'free label' to return the wrong item! ::)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 16:24:37 »
My order arrived this morning ;D

;D
cj :)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 18:59:06 »
Kea, I'd wait and see if they send you the label, if not, and you have't been changed then it's their mistake therefore their loss.  Is the unordered item something you could make use of?  x

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 15:41:43 »
Hi Kitten,
I think I've informed them enough the ball is in their court. I'll just wait for the label if it doesn't arrive I will eventually own some coir pots.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 16:01:37 »
Yeah, quite right Kea, if they don't send you the label in the next few days then I'd say they've had their chance and you've had some freebies - nice eh?!  ;D x

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 16:11:19 »
I'm curious so here's one to get your teeth into,

Firstly I respect people who want to grow 'organically' but organic seeds ??? ???

In no way am I getting at the organic growers. I am thinking more in terms of the 'commercial' aspect

I would guess if there is such a thing as 'organic seed' that they must come from 'organically' grown plants but if they are 'open pollinated' can we be assured that they are truly organic ??? ??? or is this just a ploy to get a bit more money out of us?

I would guess if they are not F1 then they are open pollinated, but pollinated with what??

Of the 52 packets listed in the 'organic' section my catalogue only three were F1

Makes you think does't it?

I for one would be interested in your replies.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 16:32:26 »
Yeah, i get what you're saying TeeGee.  I was all set to order all of our seed from the catalogue, and then when I started looking around their packets just seemed so expensive.  We've now decided to purchase non-organic seed and grow it all organically (or 'naturally' as we're now calling it  ;D ), but our one condition is that we won't buy F1 varieties, in the hope that we'll be able to save our own seed in the future.  You're right tho', it does make you think ...

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 16:38:42 »
Organic is not always best. I have to be careful not to buy anything with organic grains in it as i have a serious allergy to ergot. Organic farming allows ergot to contaminate crops while nasty pestcide farming means it's killed off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal