Author Topic: Look what I have  (Read 3078 times)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Look what I have
« on: April 27, 2004, 09:29:49 »
Hi all

I am so chuffed I just hope it is what I think it is and that is fish eggs.

found it three days ago when the covers of the pool came off and oh boy were the fish pleased to see us. You could see it in there faces FEED time.
Unfortuanly found a half eaten frog which was about to spawn by the looks of it this is nature in the wild.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re:Look what I have
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 18:37:51 »
Erm Teresa, I hate to tell you, and Margaret will be the best one for this, but I think what you have there is toads spawn! :'(  DP  
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 19:46:53 »
Hi Doris,
Someone sudgested newts but have not seen any had loads of frog spawn but the fish put that away.
So all help gratefully received.
The fun thing is never had this one before have it in a large bucket I mean big to watch it devolop pity I dont have young children anymore but hubby and I are haveing fun with watching the devolopments.

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 23:03:39 »
Hi Teresa.Yes,sorry to have to confirm it but Doris is absolutely right.It is toad spawn,i'm afraid.Are you sure that the half eaten frog wasn't a toad that could not escape? not fair to kep it in a bucket as when they hatch they will need a lot of food.A few maybe ok but toad tadploes are very different to frogs and VERY carnivorous.they will eat each other in no time.See if you can find a wildlife pond for them.

Newt eggs are laid singly and you would struggle to find them.In any case newts would not survive in a deep fish pond.
Margaret

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 23:20:15 »
Oh lord Maggie how long do I have to get them a new home. Moved them into the large koi bowl to protect them from the koi fish they eat anything especialy baby.
The frog? well it had spawn comming out of the inside looked like the frog spawn in the pool It was just in the photo I did not know what it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal