Author Topic: A Fox Hole  (Read 1916 times)

selwyn-smith

• Quarter Acre
A Fox Hole
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:32:54 »
I have had a fox living on my allotment since last summer, It has dug a large hole, and is undermining my veg patch.
Can anyone tell me is there a right time to fill it in?
I haven't seen any evidence of her for a couple of weeks.
I have been patient hoping she would move on after having her cubs, but she really is making a mess of my plot, and my dog catches mange from her. So advice please.
Katy

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: A Fox Hole
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 17:29:17 »
If the fox has mange it's unlikely to be around for long. It loses its hair and dies miserably from cold.

PAULW

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 18:00:04 »
Rake the soil smooth out side the earth and check for footprints, if there is no trade it will be safe to fill in the hole.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 18:06:45 »
This may not be awfully helpful but they seem put off by the smell of male urine. Perhaps someone could oblige. I pee round our garden at night when the foxes get too invasive. (Forgot to turn the security light off once, luckily no-one awake at the time).

Nots so bad lad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 18:08:44 »
Unfortunately its called a earth and there will probably be one vixen and dog and before long a family of them  .They live near a ready food supply eg rabbits, compost heaps for worms and food . i good suggest a few solutions but it will upset a few people   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal