Author Topic: Chat  (Read 3827 times)

autumn leaf

• Quarter Acre
  • So much to do and so little time!
Chat
« on: April 26, 2004, 23:02:41 »
I have been trying for the past two nights to get into Chat.  Can anyone PLEASE give me a step-by-step process for getting in?  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I click on chat, then I fill in my password, type in to the long box above the smilie icons, press go and just nothing happens.  I can see everyone else's chat scrolling up and I can see tha I have entered Chat but nothing is getting through.  Help, please.
Weeds? What weeds?

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re:Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 23:18:16 »
Autumn Leaf, If you just click onto chat. Then once into the chat room you do not need to fill in any password that I know of.  Just take the cursur onto the blank box on the bottom and click on then chat to your hearts content :D Well that is what  I do anyway.  Anyone else have anything to add ???
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

autumn leaf

• Quarter Acre
  • So much to do and so little time!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 23:22:06 »
Thanks Mimi, have tried that but still no luck.  Will keep on trying.  Perhaps it's just a glitch.
Weeds? What weeds?

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:51:56 »
Do you have a pop up killer enabled ?
If so turn it off
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 14:02:34 »
My pop-up killer doesn't stop me having access to the chat room.

Never had any probs and never been asked for my password.

Strange one!

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 16:13:05 »
I haven't gone into the Chat (afraid I'll be interrupting?! silly I know but I'll get over it) Anyway I saw just Autmn Leaf in char the other night late on and went in, saw messages of AL entering and leaving and entering again but tho I "spoke"  and my talk showed on screen there was no reply so I just left again.

No idea what problem would be, take it AL would have to be logged in to enter chat in the first place, wouldn't have to show password if already logged in?

Hope to meet AL/all or some of you in there sometime! Cheers
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 16:14:13 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 16:52:06 »
Lots of folks forget to log out when they leave the chat room Wicker so their names stay around even when they've gone. Been caught out myself a couple of times thinking there was someone in there.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 16:55:09 »
Well my pop up killer did.

So try it :-*
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 17:18:19 »
Hi AL.  I have seen you so many times in Chat and feel just helpless at not being able to get you in.  Please try again, we are looking forward to talking to you.  Do as the others say to get in.  Hopefully  talk later.
Carol

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 18:32:22 »
All I can suggest is giving Dan a PM and asking for help from him. Keep trying, you would be most welcome. And Wicker, no-one interrupts, everyone just joins in as and when they wish.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 18:45:42 »
As others have said, you should not have to log into chat, you should be logged in automatically.

Let me have a look and see if I can spot anything.

Cheers

Dan

Chaz Hunter

• Half Acre
  • Creator of my own little world...
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 22:02:39 »
I've tried to get in a couple of times this evening...I just get a "page expired" warning but refreshing or opening a new browser doesn't help.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 07:07:15 »
Chaz, this happens quite often especially if there are a lot of people in the chat room.  What I find that works is to exit chat and come in again.  Cheers
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 08:28:26 »
I'm looking into this for AL (as anyone in chat last night will have seen) - Chaz, could you let me know what variety of computer / browser you are using.

Cheers

Dan

Chaz Hunter

• Half Acre
  • Creator of my own little world...
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 14:57:25 »
Hi Dan,
I'm using a Q-Tech system with Windows m.e. and browser is Internet Explorer 6, server is Tiscali broadband, having said all this...I have just successfully logged in to Chat!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal